cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation: SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SR1 (Prerequisites Check)

0 Kudos

Aloha

I want to install the SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SR1. (For SAP IDM with Oracle)

i try the Prerequisites Check

I know the System need "the files: LABEL.ASC / LABELIDX.ASC"

Where i will find it?

I download and extract SAPEXE_200_10012501.SAR

(Really only extract - nothing more)

Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english 🙂

Maik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Aloha

Thank you for the Answers.

I hoped it is easear to "download the required kernel version"

I try to "Import" 4 different Versions but always is System say no.

Maybe you could help me to find the right Version.

Thanks, Maik

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maik,

I assume you've checked the PAM for kernel compatibility. In any case, to install NW 7.4 SR2 on Windows/Oracle you need the 742 kernel. You need the "Installation/Upgrade" kernel, not the "Support Package/Patch" kernel. Go to http://support.sap.com/software/installations.html -> Browse our Download Catalog -> SAP NetWeaver and complementary products -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver 7.4 -> Installation and Upgrade -> Microsoft Windows -> Oracle. Choose the "Downloads" tab and scroll to the bottom of the list. You should see a zip file labeled "SAP Kernel 7.42 Windows Server on x64 64bit".

Download that file, and extract it. That is your "kernel DVD".

In SWPM, in the line where it's looking for the kernel package, give the full path to the extracted folders. Don't put "label.idx", etc... it should end in the top folder of your "kernel DVD" that you extracted.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maik,

You choose the right DVD (51049350_10) for installation NW7.40 SR2 on Windows/Oracle, but for SWPM you can specify the following path on screenshot that you have shown us: E:\INSTALL\DATA_UNITS\K_742_U_WINDOWS_X86_64\

or just E:\INSTALL\ , as Matt said, if you unzipped Kenel DVD into Install folder.

Best Regards,

Aleh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Aloha

Thank you all, i got the step with Kernel

Now i stopped with the path of NW Label.

I guess i make the same Version / path Mistake like that Kernel Problem.

I try much "label.asc" but always SAP isn´t happe

Maybe you have another great tip for me where i could find the next label.

Thank you

Maik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maik,

You need to unzip with 51048524_1 as Installation Export.

And provide SWPM path to \DATA_UNITS\EXP1\ in unpacked folder.

Best Regards,

Aleh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maik,

I would suggest you go through the installation guide first, where all the installation steps are described.

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=0110003...

The below link is for your reference.

SAP NetWeaver 7.4 Installation Steps</title><script type="text/javascript">va...

regards,

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maik,

You need an Installation Kernel. The one which you have is a kernel patch i guess.

Goto service.sap.com/SWDC -> Installations and Upgrades - K -> SAP KERNEL 64-BIT UNICODE -> Download the required the kernel version; there you can see a LABEL.ASC file.

regards,

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maik,

SWPM just wants to know the path to unpacked DVD with SAP Kernel.

Please check the list of DVDs available for NW7.4 SR1 and unpack the one that is called like "SAP Kernel" or "UC Kernel".

Best Regards,

Aleh