Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel sequence in APO PDS

evgeny_markin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

Plastic goods are produced in our plant.

The production process consists of:

1. injection machines 20+ with different production rates.
  2. press-forms (molds) that can be installed only on some of them and this is a bottleneck capacity. Each press-form may have different number of sockets (production cavity).

We are going to use a routing CA01, and PDS in APO.

In a routing we use:

• standard sequence with an operation for a general injection machine where a press-form is mainly used.
  • parallel sequence with an operation for a press-form.
  • alternative sequence with an operation for an alternative injection machine where a press-form can be installed.

Badi CURTO_ALTERNATIV_SEQ has been activated in order to transfer alternative sequences from a routing into APO PDS as modes.

In ERP PDS_MAINT the standard, parallel and alternative sequences are displayed. See screenshots.

In APO /SAPAPO/CURTO_SIMU only the standard and alternative sequences are displayed. See screenshots.

The problem is that the parallel sequence is NOT transferred into APO PDS at all. See screenshots.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide and any solution that can used.

Best regards,

Evgeny

Screenshots.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

evgeny_markin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

Solution.

In our case we used ABAP for badi CUSLNTRTO_ADDIN, method CHANGE_OPERATION

in order to modify PDS structure before transfer to APO.

Namely, table ct_reqcaps was modified and additional capacity requirements from a parallel operations were added.

Thank you all.

bhaveshj_shah
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Markin,

Is the solution with BADI used for SNP PDS or PPDS PDS?    We have a similar issue for SNP PDS.

Regards,

Bhavesh

evgeny_markin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not tested it for SNP PDS. Not sure but you can try.

BR,

Evgeny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Evgeny,

Please check this note: 437400 - Alternative and parallel sequences in APO integration

If the R/3 routing contains a parallel sequence, the transfer to APO has operations appearing in the source of supply in SAP APO (PPM, PDS) that are from the parallel sequence, in addition to the operations triggered by the master sequence operations. The parallelism is mapped using relationships.

If the routing contains alternative sequences, their operations do not appear by default in the source of supply in SAP APO (PPM, PDS).

Using customer exits, you can map operations from alternative sequences as alternative modes with mode linkage for the operations within the alternative sequence in PPM or PDS. For further information, refer to the related notes (Note 217210 for PPM, Note 507025 for PDS).

I don't know if you try to create PDS PPDS or PDS SNP but according to note 1079959 the PDS SNP is not supported.

Major Limitations of the PDS to the PPM

• Product flows are not directly supported in PDS.  From SCM 7.0 onwards, this is supported using the Product Storage Definition(activated via a BADI).
  • Parallel sequence, alternative sequence, Suboperation and secondary resource are not supported in SNP PDS because SNP PDS considers only linear chains of activities.
  • Alternative modes for the PDS can either be created using        alternative sequences or resource classification but not both.

Maybe you can consider to work with PPM! 

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

Message was edited by: Marius Talos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Evgeny,

As I can see in your screenshot the activity relationships are not transferred at all in the PDS. Just the 3 tabs - Components, Operations and Activities are seen in the PDS. When you have more than 1 operation, the sequence has to be transferred to PDS in the form of Activity Relationships.

When I had faced a similar issue I had maintained another operation in sequence in the standard sequence 0, say operation 0020, with duration 1 sec. And then defined this 0020 as the return operation in the routing.

That solved my issue, hope it helps you too!

Regards,

Subhash

evgeny_markin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Subhash,

Thank you for your prompt answer.

I have added operation 0020 into the standard sequence and defined 0020 as a return operation for  the parallel and alternative sequence.

New PDS has been transferred and activity relationship appeared in PDS APO.

But still there is no parallel sequence. See screenshots.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Evgeny,

I made a small mistake. Thanks for trying it out promptly.

Your example with screen shots helps me recollect my routing.

In operation 0020 you can enter the details of the press-1 operation and remove the dummy details. And then as shown in your activity relationships and also as Marius said above, you will get start-start and end-end relationships which means these 2 are parallel operations.

Regards,

Subhash