cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer specific field with Predefined categories (List)

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

My user required customer specific field for Project Definition with predefined categories, he gives me pre-defined Categories for Project e.g.- Press , Forging , casting …..etc.

Now I want to create Additional Tab or field with those categories in User field with drop down menu, user can select one of the category from drop down list while creating a project . Also this category can display in standard report like CN41N.

In many threads user exit CNX0006 suggested for project definition user defined field but no any information found about how to create user field with predefined drop down list options.

Thanks ,

Virendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor

Hi Virendra,

for user field with predefined drop down list option you have to create custom table and include that.

get in touch with ABAP COnsultant for more info.

thanks

Sunil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want your fields in CJ20N like this?

and Do you want your fields in CN41N like this?

If yes, then there are two options. Either you can create an additional tab for all the  categories that you have mentioned OR you can put these categories under User Fields as I did.

Option1:-

For this, you need to go to SPRO->Project System->Structures->Operative Structures->Work Breakdown Structures->User Interface Settings->Layout of WBS Element Detail Screens->Define Layout for WBS Element Details Screens.

Now, here you need to put up the tab page and put up the credentials. It would tough for me to explain you the steps of doing this. But, if you have some documentation or go it carefully. You would be able to achieve that.

Option2:-

Either go through SPRO (i.e under User Interface Settings->Create User Defined Fields for WBS Elements) or execute OPS1.

System would ask you to create only 4 text input fields. Enter your categories over there and make sure they are visible through field selection OPUK. (fields would be USR01, USR02, USR03, USR04).

Now, as far as Predefined List Option is concerned. I would rather suggest you to contact your ABAPER and get the field elements for those categores OR you can handle this through Substitutions (OPSI) by making prerequisite as any of the obvious fields like Project Def'n etc and then you could get the your categories being populated through substitution.

I hope this may help you. Else, wait for other experts to guide you on this.

Regards,

Amit

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Sunil & Amit ,

Amit my requirement may be near to your answer .

Actually my requirement is I want User field at project Definition level , in which I already predefined  Project categories (My user given me 18 project categories ) ,  my user can select the project category from drop down list  at the time of Creation of Project structure by Cj20n. (Please refer below image for reference)

So i want know is it possible to predefined the categories in user field & how to activate it at project definition level .

Thanks ,

Virendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

I do not think it is possible from functional point of view. You need to get an Abaper for this or wait for other experts to comment on this.

Regards,

Amit

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

in user fields via transaction OPS1 is not possible and do not change.

this will be achieved by implementing user exit-CNEX00006, and during this user exit enhancement you can add fields with drop down or add F4 for data selection for fields.

thanks

Sunil