cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local member in EPM report to calc % of total

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create a report that looks like this.

The percentage must be calculated as the account per row divided by the total shown in the row at the bottom.

I tried to create the local member with excel cell references (i.e. B4/B11) but that breaks when I expand one of the accounts shown, i.e. the B11 reference stays and so the calculation uses the wrong account.

I then had a look on the EPM Add-in Academy and found a video showing a solution that uses an EPMRetrieveData function in the local member. I replicated that in my environment (BPC 10.1 NW, EPM Add-in SP 20 .NET4) and all I get is an error message saying the function cannot be used. I tried this in my original report and then also tried to replicate the report from the video 1:1 and got the same error in both cases.

Would anyone have a solution for this report?

Thanks,

Arnold

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Kindly share the local member formula.

Or you can populate it in another cell and refer as in local member formula.

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

the formula is

=B6/EPMRetrieveData(;EPMContextMember(;"ACCOUNT");B$2;B$3)

note: I have greyed out the company name displayed in E3 on the screenshot only, in the report E3 is the EPMOlapMemberO formula.

Thanks,

Arnold

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never use ";" in local member formula - use US standard - ","

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

with that knowledge even my initial approach works. I thought I had to use the separator from Excel which in my case is ";" instead of ",".

Thanks,

Arnold

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For local members you have to write formula using US standard in keywords and delimiters! It's a mistake done by EPM developers in past...

Vadim

P.S. But hidden top row is better

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why is a hidden top row better?? I always get confused as I work both on German and UK and US based systems, so the delimiter is something I get wrong on a regular basis.

Thanks,

Arnold

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

"why is a hidden top row better?"

Because EPMRetrieveData will create additional data query...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VBA in Excel, the formula argument (parameter) separator is always a ",". I guess it is how BPC interprets the EPM functions (through VBA). Anyway, with this in mind, you should be less confused in selecting the separator.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"In VBA in Excel, the formula argument (parameter) separator is always a ","" - incorrect

I am using ";" argument separator in my local settings:

Executing VBA code:

Debug.Print Range("A1").Formula

Debug.Print Range("A1").FormulaLocal

Result:

=CONCATENATE("DDDD","KKK")

=CONCATENATE("DDDD";"KKK")

FormulaLocal will show formula in line with local settings!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Isn't BPC using formula behind the scenes?

Same as with entering a formula in the formatting sheet - should also be with "," and not with ";" or does that depend local settings? I was convinced that formatting sheet 'content' formula and local members do require "," when typing them in directly, regardless of the local settings, because the BPC 'programming code' uses them in a VBA-like modus with formula functions.

Is that incorrect? (now that we go on that road , I'm curious to see the finish line ;-))

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For local member - yes, unfortunately you have to use US format.

What do you mean by formatting sheet 'content' formula? Local format has to be used on the formatting sheet!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I would grade point for that if I could :-), for now I can only 'like' it.

I never used the formatting sheet formula with different format settings.

thanks for clarifying this.

christophe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

What do you have in the Position column? Just members? Summe Passiva - is it a member or a local member?

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Summe Passiva is a member (node) of the account dimension.

BR,

Arnold

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then Christophe proposal  is the simplest!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

🙂 thx Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why can't you retrieve the 'Summe Passiva' also as the first row of you report and hide it. That way, you can Always refer to that row as it won't be replaced.

kind regards,

christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

I was hoping for a solution where I would not have to hide rows. I will use it if there is no other way.

Thanks,

Arnold

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solution with EPMRetrieveData will work but the report will be slower then with hidden first line!

Vadim