Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the passwords for SAP transport requests in-order to import in sap system

former_member593541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I am having unique requirement for my one of the project i,e

As of now we are developing a warranty management solution for one of the client.

This entire solution is deployed in the form of the SAP transport requests via STMS T-Code in the customer system

So we want to provide the minimum security for our Transports,so we would like to assign the unique password for each & every TR.

So when ever if the customer wants to import our TR's, the dialog box has to ask to input the password for successful importing the TR.

So we would like to write a z Customizing program/report/Function module/Badi etc etc to satisfy the requirement

Can you please provide us any solution for this problem which is very unique.

Thanks in Advance.................

1 REPLY 1

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ganga,

You should use change management tools like Charm for managing the transports.

If you don't have any business approval for use of Charm , you can use following BADI but CHARM is way to go forward.

CTS_REQUEST_CHECK   method CHECK_BEFORE_RELEASE  - this method is called before releasing the request.

You can use following pop up FM to get password input from user and then check them in BADI code:

POPUP_GET_USER_PASSWORD

STC_TEST_PASSWORD_DIALOG

Other BADI's are:

CTS_CURRENT_PROJECT  Determine the current CTS project                                    

CTS_TASKDOC_TEMPLATE Determine template for the task documentation

Regards

Sandy