cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Category Schema is not editable for old incidents / Service Requests

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured Category schema, for IT Service Management and its available for the new incidents / service requests which are created in the solution manager system (SolMan 7.1 SP 7). But the same is not available to edit for the old tickets which are either created without a category or mapped to a wrong category.

Can you kindly suggest how to make the fields editable in CRM UI for already existing incidents?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

the cat.schema is always valid for the specified period of time. When you create a new version of the schema and activate it, previous schema definitions will not be overwritten. Instead, only new tickets will contain the definitions of the new version. So, you may have messages with version A of the schema and messages with version B. Depending on your changes, this may look completly different. If messages are already confirmed, you cannot change the category afterwards.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for your reply. In my scenario, the ticket created by an end user is received by an IT Manager who in turn assigns to the Message Processor.

When the end user is creating ticket, the category is available (Lets say the End User chooses a wrong category) and when the IT Manager is trying to edit the ticket to correct category, he is unable to do the same (ticket status is "In Progress").

The same applies to the ticket which don't have any category in it and if the Message Processor tries to assign one, he is unable to edit.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Vivek.

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

in this case I would check UI configuration of the IT manager's business role.

Just copy the standard configuration and set the UI elements to editable (unmark read-only flag).

Regards, Richard

Answers (0)