cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Storing path in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team ,

i have created one Content Rep. and its corresponding storage category. The allocated path for FI Docs is "D:\SAP\ContRep\<Content Rep.>" , so as per link all docs related to FI should store in mentioned path and it is storing in the same path.

But in addition , two folders are getting created automatically i.e "0fee" and "5514577940ba07d4e10000000a5c0614 " , in which my files are getting store which i have uploaded through SAP.

My requirement is that , i do not want these two folders to be created and file should be store in "D:\SAP\ContRep\<Content Rep.>" instead of D:\SAP\ContRep\<Content Rep.>\0fee\5514577940ba07d4e10000000a5c0614.

Please assit me to to disable these two (0fee & 5514577940ba07d4e10000000a5c0614 ) folder to be getting created while uploading any sort of docs through SAP to DMS.

vishnu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishnu,

Sorry the feature you are requesting is not feasible.

This is by design. For content server application, every document is processed based on docId

and this docId should be unique. This is required for the isolation purpose from the SAP application perspective. If the same docId is sent from application/kpro then SAP CS will throw 403 error stating forbidden. Document already exists.

The docId(32-digit number) is not getting created from the content server. But the application you are using will send the HTTP request to content server telling store this particular docId.

Then for security reasons, SAP Content server will create a new "4-digit"  hash directory under which the docId sent from the application is created as a directory and under this directory the actual file is save along with the prop file which will contain the meta-properties of the file.

So there cannot be change done for this particular design as then the whole concept of using the SAP Content server becomes invalid and even you are application scenario/logic will fail as it is the one that is passing the 32-digit unique docId.

Best Regards,

Sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you sneha ,

properly elaborated the possibilities. Let me explore more on this and if not possible will go as per SAP standard .

Well elaborated , thanks .