cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java scheduler job stuck as 'Starting' state

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i'm trying to schedule a job in PI to periodically run an interface. i'm following these 2 blogs by Vikas Singh.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2014/01/28/implementing-java-proxy-scenario-...

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2014/02/01/job-scheduling-on-sap-po-sap-pi-j...

After deploying the ejb module, and creating task, when i go and check in Java scheduler: Job in NWA,i see that its in 'Satring' state and is stuck in that state for a day after which no entry for the job is found in Jobs tab

Looks like, the job is not getting scheduled.

Seeking for some pointers in this regard

Regards,

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I faced the same issue, when we configure the jobs in QA for the first time. The jobs were only on STARTING status. We resolved the issue by bouncing the Java Engine (We are on PI 7.3 dual stack). I hope this helps.

thanks,

Julio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I faced the same issue in SAP EP 7.4 sp05 environment and I did sequential restart of AS JAVA and all stuck jobs with status STARTING got cleared.

Thank you!

Best regards

Vijay

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Have you scheduled the task like this code Creating a Scheduler Task for the HelloJob -  Using Central Development Services - SAP Library?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

i've created only Job from the EJB module. Task to schedule job is created from NWA Tasks tab.

Regards

former_member196418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you ever figure out what was going on here? I'm facing the same situation. I created the HelloJob and it worked fine. Then I added some code for it to connect to our BOBJ system and it just shows as starting. 

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any solution found for this ??

I too facing same issue and wondering what could be the solution...

Restarted related Java service and still same status..

Regards

Siri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue and it was due to some code lines I had added to class constructor. Removing everything to just:

public JobExample() {
super();
}

An the job was working again.

Regards.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Have you checked in the NWA if your job is in Job definitions?, pay attention to schedule the job the case-sensitive of your job name in your file descriptor.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Yes, i can see job in job definitions in NWA, i've created a task also for it. When i see in the Jobs tab, i see that the Job is in status "STARTING' and doesnt proceed further. even log also shows nothing.

Have ensured, ear file descriptor has job name in right case.

Where/what else i need to check?

Regards,

Rsahmi