cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpros and javascript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to include javascript in a web dynpro application? If so how do we do it?

We have a requirement to display a navigation menu bar, When we hover on the first level of menu item, the second level should be displayed.

If javascript cannot be included, how do we achieve this in a web dynpro application

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i also have to include javascript in a webdynpro to call a 3rd party application (similar to the office component). I'd like to check the iframe solution, which has been introduced here - but how do I actually do it?

in layout I added a child iframe which requires a source from the context - should I bind a URL of an html-page which carries the javascript, or can I maybe put the javascript directly in the string-context variable?

thanx for taking action,

matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

binding the url would work but I doubt if the javascript functionality would work.

Basically javascript is not supported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. JavaScript is a way (and not the only way) to represent components. This way is specific to browser clients, and WD supports more.

2. Including JS in IFrame is ridiculous

-- WD reloaded IFrame on every action post-back

-- You have no way to map script events to WD post-back

3. Upcoming version of NW will include Menu bar WD component, if you can wait, of course

Why not to compose portal page with 2 iViews -- one with menu and other one with WD application? These iViews can communicate via portal eventing, and you free to do anything with first (regular DHTML) iView.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can include the java script in the IFrame UI elemnt.

But I think previously Armin has mentioned that javscript will not be supported in future releases.Mouse hovering is also not possible in webdynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes as Sowjanya said you cannot do the mouse howering in the webdynpro instead you will have to do with the limited events provided by the WebDynpro.

Regards

Noufal