cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Inspection Lot creation using Serial Numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to create inspection Lot for Serialized material manually.There is no trigger like Goods Receipt or Issue. I want to assign Serial number for the inspection lot to record the results. When I check the transaction QA01, I can only create it at Material level. Is there any standard way I can achieve this requirement?

I assigned the Serialized Profile and checked the check box " Serial Number Management Possible" in QM view of material master. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member661040
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Steps after the inspection lot was created and saved:

1. Call FM 'QSS4_SET_INSP_LOT_SERIALNR' with i_prueflos = inspection lot number

2. EXPORT ppsernr TO MEMORY ID 'QM1 '. Fill PPSERNR first with serial numbers.

3. Call FM 'SERIALPROFILE_CHECK' with operation 'QMSL', activity = 'H', J_VORGANG = 'PMS6', fill material, profile, quantity, prueflos,

4. Call FM 'QSS4_RESET_INSP_LOT_SERIALNR'

5. Call FM ''SERIALPROFILE_CHECK' only with operation = 'QMUP' as export parameter

6. COMMIT WORK

VigneshV
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi lorban

I copied 04 inspection type and made custom inspection type to carry out manual lot+production order+serial number combo.Serial number is mapped with serial number on entering QA01 screen i am inputting Production order but serial number is not getting picked up.During result recording on coming across defects if I am entering it is asking me for specific serial number to be entered manually that is mapped against the Production order.How can I make system to pick it automatically?

Thanks in advance.

Vignesh V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

There is a better way of capturing the Serial Numbers for each result recording by using the Inspection Point in the Inspection Plan.

You may create New Inspection Point in the configuration for the Serial Numbers assignment.

I hope that this will meet your requirement.

Regards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala & Natalia.

I am using inspection type 89.

I used the suggestion given by Bala. I created new inspection point. But  I am not sure how the new inspection point will be used for activating serial number management. Can you please provide some more pointers. Thanks in advance.

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Serial number comes in Inspection lot  from Material Document.

As you have created manual Inspection lot you cannot entered serial number directly.

Kind regards,
Natália
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any user exit or BADI which can be used for updating Serial numbers during Manual Inspection Lot creation?

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

What inspection type are you using?

Kind regards,

Natália