cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem about PCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks ,

I've some queries regarding PCN functioning  and make myself clear .

1. During , PCN , when material will get change its status from one stock category to another stock category , ( like , block to QI ) .. , it's mandatory/ SAP standard ,  that always place to the same storage type ??

2. If , it's mandatory or SAP standard - I , made unchecked the box - " post to same bin" ... what happened , it automatically choose different storage type and place there . 

how it's happened ??

3. During processing LS26 , shown that there was some inventory difference in 922 PCN interim storage type . So , I ran LI21N tcode to clear inventory . It did write off . But , when I go through it material document during WRITE OFF , noticed A/C doc has been created .

just want to know , why a/c doc is created whether , it's happening in same valuation area , and no total inventory count has not been changed ??

regards

patel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) with regard to your first query, you are just changing the stock category in SAP system physically stock still exist in the same storage type / bin so it  is recommended however it depend on your warehouse physical process what are you following

2) As per the above since stock is in the same storage type / storage bin ideally the "Post to same bin" should checked if you will remove this then there will be a negative and positive entry in the 922 and you need to physically create the TO using the PCN and confirm (T-Code LT05)

3) Not a standard approach  if you have a negative and positive quant then you need to use LT01 to reconcile not LI21, LI21 is for physical inventory

Also i suggest have a look on the standard SAP link as well as look at the exisitng thread using Serach term "Posting change in SAP WM"

Posting Changes - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library