SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPMA Clearing Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to Clearing rules update in FICA, request you pls guide on how to work on the below scenario

I have posted invoice with debit items with relevant contract objects and later i have posted an advance payment document without clearing the open items.(through FPCJ)

Now while i am executing FPMA, system is not considering the advance payment with the open items.

I have assigned the clearing variant, where i have maintained Due date in "Char" and Contract object in "Sort" with rank selection as "3".

So, pls suggest the settings that i need to make further, where the system will consider the advance payment and clear the open item as per the contract object ranking that i have given in "Sort char" and due date.

Note: Presently during FPMA, system is not considering the advance payment that i have collected during the clearing

Thanks

Viswanath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your Clearing Variant for Acct Maintenance:

Why  don't you try Characterisitc 030 (Clear credits as Payments) either before or after your Contract Grouping?

Regards,

Ivor

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Viswanath:

The payment will not refer to a contract and so your grouping by contract will not include the payment.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your update, could you please update on how to clear the advance payment that i have recived from customer to the the open items of the customer through FPMA.

like the clearing rules that i need to update in clearing variant of automatic clearing.

Thanks in advance

Viswanath

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your Clearing Variant for Acct Maintenance:

Why  don't you try Characterisitc 030 (Clear credits as Payments) either before or after your Contract Grouping?

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor many thanks for your update,

I don't have characteristic value 030, could you please update me the field name and Fm for Char derivation that needs to be updated for 030, so that i can create it in "define grouping and sorting features" and try out in the clearing variant which i maintain for automatic clearing.

I am new to the update of clearing rules and variants. In case, if i am wrong some where pls suggest.

Regards,

Viswanath

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you're unable to see Characteristic 030, you could use 023 instead.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Thanks for your update,

I have the BP items as below: (where there are open due items and i have posted an advance payment with 4000/- as credit as shown below)

And i have maintained the clearing variant for the FPMA as below to clear the advance payment against the open items:

in this clearing variant i have maintained due data and 023 as grouping string and sorting string with contract object and have given the ranking of PSGRP

After maintained the above settings, i executed FPMA for this BP, but the items haven't got cleared the additional log for FPMA is as below:

So could you please update where am i missing, your suggestion on this would be really helpful.

Thanks

Viswanath

0 Kudos

You cannot have due date as a grouping string in an effective clearing strategy.  With that there will be no groups determined - the credit has a due date of X but the debits have due dates of A, B, C, etc...

0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Is your requirement is why credit not getting applied against the charges or you want the credit to get applied against some charges first and later to other charges ?

For first requirement don't maintain anything like  grouping 023 or 009 in sort, system will clear the charges by standard , just have only due dates as both grouping and sorting values.

If you want credit items to get applied on some charges first before other, then in clearing steps you can maintains groups.

Clearing step 1 grouping characteristic 003 , grouping rule 1 and inside the rule define all your credit line item transactions say 00600010(main and sub) and group 1, sorting based on due date

Clearing step 2 grouping characteristic 003, grouping rule 2 and inside the rule can define whether you want Installment plan items to get cleared first or security deposit request etc and then in  clearing step 3 you can group rest of the items.

So depending on your grouping characteristics will change.

thanks,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for your update, My requirement is the 2nd type, where i need to adjust the excess payment  received from the BP with the open items considering the due date as first priority and later consider the Contract objects (ranking) and clear the excess payments.

I couldn't find the char 003, hence please update the the field name and Fm for Char derivation that needs to be updated for 003. So that i will try your suggestions and check out the possibilities.

Thanks

Viswanath

0 Kudos

Also looks like you are using different industry solution.   Characteristics are loaded based on the IS which is activated. 

Generally speaking though - it still sounds like you need to use sorting and not grouping, especially for due date since that will almost always prevent any clearing in FPMA.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot bill. i am able to meet my  requirement with your suggestion.