cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical system creation in BD54

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys

i have a very silly question,i m really confusing myself.

well i m doing a IDOC to File scenario.

on the R/3 side i have RFC dest(SM59) and Port(we21) in place,both pointing to the XI system.Port is SAPXD1(XD1 is system ID of the XI system).

i m confused in BD54 and WE20.

i go in BD54 to create a logical system with the name XD1CLNT100(XD1 is the system ID of the XI system and 100 is the client)

then i go in WE20 and create a partner profile,with the same name as Logical system(XD1CLNT100),then in the outbound side i enter the IDOC i m gonna send and give the Port name as SAPXD1.

lemme know if the above steps are right?

now my stupid question is,when we create a logical system in BD54,is that the logical system for R/3 or for XI?

is this the same logical system name which i have to use in SLD to create a business system for the sender service?

i have gone through lots of blog and links and m really confused.

please dont send any links.

appreciate ur help

thanx

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

><i>lemme know if the above steps are right?</i>

Correct.

><i>now my stupid question is,when we create a logical system in BD54,is that the logical system for R/3 or for XI?</i>

You create a logical system name entry for XI Server.

><i>is this the same logical system name which i have to use in SLD to create a business system for the sender service?</i>

No. All SAP R3 systems will have their own logical systrem names. This is provided duruing the server installation and the Business System for R3 should use the R3 logical system name

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Bhavesh for ur quick reply

do u mind tellin me how to find the logical system name for the R/3 server(as i have to use this in SLD for business system)

so if i m not wrong i will create two business systems in SLD

first one will use the logical system name of the R/3 server and will be used as the sender business service and the second one will use the logical system i created in BD54(XD1CLNT100) and will be used as the receiver business system,right?

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Get in touch with the Basis Team. They should be able to give you the Logical System name of your R3 system . Normally it always is , SID"CLNT"ClientNumber.

You will only create on Business System and this will be the One for the R3 system using the R3's logcial system name.

When the Idoc is sent from R3, it will search in the SLD with its logical system name to find what the correspionding Bsuiness System is. After it finds the Business System it will fill the SOAP header with details like Sender Service and Sender Interface and Sender NameSpace and with these values deterkine the receiver.

As you are doing a file to Idoc, the receiver can be a thrid party business system or a business service.

The Receiever System is also a WebASABAP business system in case you are doing an Idoc to Idoc and that is a different case altogether

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx bhavesh

>As you are doing a file to Idoc, the receiver can be a thrid party business system or a business service

well i m doing IDOC to File.

so i m gonna create only one business system and that will use the logical system name for the R/3 server and i will create my receiver communication channel under this business system(ofcourse no sender CC for IDOC)

looks like i got ur point

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>well i m doing IDOC to File.</i>

Sorry that was a typo error.!

Your receiver file adapter will be under the third party business system or Business service. The Sender Business System will the WebASABAP Bsuiness System you created for the R3 system.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Bhavesh

Answers (0)