cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a HCM Fresher go for SuccessFactors training?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Mentors,

I took training into SAP HCM a year back and still have not been able to get a job into SAP HCM. Now I am planning to go for SuccessFactors training. Is it mandatory to have SAP HCM Work Experience to enter into SuccessFactors or a HCM Fresher can have scope after SF training. Please advice!

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First off, you should really read all the SuccessFactors blogs/material that , , and others have posted here (especially those around careers in SF).

Second, just having "training" in SF is no guarantee of a job (and very likely not at all) since it is really certification that is important. It is not like traditional SAP HR where having experience/training could get you at least a entry level position.

Third, keep in mind that the SF projects do not need the same number of resources (much less) and that there are also a more limited number out there...while at the same time, there is a flood of certified SF people in the market now.

Fourth, my advice would be to focus on HCM/HR business experience...and not so much on the "tools". That is where your worth is and can not be easily reproduced by others....nor made obsolete when the "next big, best software" is released.

ImranSajid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Terrific response and great advice! I completely agree!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the wonderful advice Christopher. However when you advice to focus on HCM/HR business experience does it means I need to be skilled being a SAP HCM Functional Consultant first or need to understand HCM/HR domain more accurately?

Please let me know!

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Christopher, you should start by reading the material available on this site, but certification is no guarantee of work.

Also check out the course on Rapid Deployment of SAP Solutions offered through open.sap.com