Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BusinessObjects Mobile (MOBI06031) Error

former_member196901
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have mobile setup, and we have some external users that are outside of our company wanting to access our reports via mobile. So in order to provide them that, we downloaded the SAP BI Mobile app on our ipad and iphones and tried to login. It throws this error.

Connection to the server could not be established (MOB06031)
(HTTP-1202) Details: The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be <server1.servers.xxcompany.com> which you could put your confidential information at risk.

We have SSL setup on web side only. So our ursl is https://businessobjectslink.com/BOE/BI

So tomcats SERVER.XML file has this line of code:

<Connector port="443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true" maxThreads="150" scheme="https" secure="true" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2" keystoreFile="E:\cert\filename.pfx" keystorePass="keystorepassword" keystoreType="PKCS"/>

Keep in mind that this is a new certificate (filename.pfx) that was given to me by our network team and all i had to do was edit this above line of code and point it to the new file rather than the old file and put that password in there. Should have i done extra steps before doing this?

I read somewhere that we will need to install the certificate on user's mobile devices, is that really true?

Would really appreciate the help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zeek,

Let me first explain you why this happens. Mobile BI App is not suppose to communicate to a HTTPS server whose certificate it cannot trust. In your case, though your server is throwing up a X509 certificate it cannot be trusted because the CA/Intermediary CA that would have signed that certificate is not yet trusted by mobile device.

Hence, what you need to do is that all the CAs and Intermediary CAs certificates need to be imported on mobile device. And then this link would start working.

More info can be found at

Note: I assume you are using IOS devices. The workaround of white listing server URL suggested in the above post will work only for IOS devices, there is no such workaround available/planned for Android devices. Even for IOS devices this workaround will be removed shortly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

former_member196901
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for the response. How do we get our certificate automatically trusted so that users don't have to install/import a certificate on their devices. We have external clients that use our reports and would like to view them on the ios devices.

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zeek,

You can look into the blog listed above on how to whitelist the mobile server URL. Once that is done you will not get this error any more.

Regards,

Ashutosh