cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File permission change in java system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

we have a requirement that AMT system(java stack) will process the request and it will generate a file and store it in common mount directory file system,here all the processed file are stored with file permission 655.Then PO(PI system -java) will pick up the file and process it and place the file in common mount directory with the permission 655.

but we want those file with the permission 755 instead of 655.

We have done the following activities to change the file permission automatically, but it couldn't help us.

change the umask for the particular user.

Added the umask profile parameter in java system.

rdisp/umask = 003

install/umask=007

For workaround we are using scripts to change the permission but we want do it automatically by SAP or Kernel.

please guide us how to configure this scenario with our requirement.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmanan,

I am not sure why you would want to give execute permission to group and others for every file.

In any case, I am assuming you have added the parameter / user settings in your Process Orchestration system. Add the umask setting in  /home/<sid>adm/.profile file and restart the PO java system.

Another peculiar thing would be, that the umask functionality works by subtracting the umask value from 777 for directories and 666 for regular files. So I think if you gave umask as 003, you will get 774 for directories that are created and 663 which is weird permission to provide for regular files.

Regards,

Siddhesh