cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get an API for Bing Maps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning!

I have read this is easy, but I can't find an answer.  How do I get an API for Bing Maps for my C4C application?  I have gone to the bing site, and I am fairly confident that I would want a REST API.  I have never dealt with APIs before, and the number of choices scare me.  All I want is to get the API key so I can embed it in the C4C mashup.  Is there a simple "here are the answers to the Questions Bing is going to ask you" document?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All you need is a API key. Google for Bing API key and you will find

Getting a Bing Maps Key

Follow the instructions to generate a key. Depends if you are going to use this for production or demos as you may need to have a commercial account vs. a developer one to purchase a key from Microsoft for productive use.

Bing Maps only apply for Silverlight deployments, as HTML5 deplpyments use Google Maps now.

SAPjedi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rei,

So Bing maps will not work in the C4C HTML mode ?

Tim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct. Google Maps is the "out of box" provider for maps with the HTML5 client. The iPad app that is available in iTunes uses Apple Maps.

When you purchase a subscription of C4C, Google Maps is included as part of the subscription. If you are getting a API key error in HTML5, open an incident in your tenant and Support will activate the Google maps feature.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Google Maps comes with C4C?! I thought we need to get our own Google Account and buy a package from Google?

That is wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure about this. But it's possible get a API KEY for Google Maps, but I can't insert yet in the mashup authoring. 😞 My question in this moment it's about Bing Maps. Where you want to use the google maps ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member yes, I know. But I was reffering to s reply where he says:

Rei Kassai wrote:

When you purchase a subscription of C4C, Google Maps is included as part of the subscription. If you are getting a API key error in HTML5, open an incident in your tenant and Support will activate the Google maps feature.

and that is quite suprising as Google wants you to pay if you use an API Account for Business. So I would be very lucky to be proven wrong - cause so we could get this d***n Map Integration quite easy.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat Dalbenzio, You could put the Bing Map work? How could have the API KEY? Thank's for your time , Best regards

pushkar_ranjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
pushkar_ranjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out Getting a Bing Maps Key as well. Thank you.

pushkar_ranjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out https://www.microsoft.com/maps/default.aspx for enterprise licensing of Bing Maps, as well. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I put the API KEY that I got in Bing Maps but it doesn't activate my service. And this key I have is a basic and I don't know if this is allowed here or not. In Bing Maps website appears: status is "enable", how I can active this key ?
How can I solve this?

I have my question in this link:

Thank you very much for your help
Best Regards
Cristina Rodrigues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bing Maps: API Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rei,

Thanks for your comment.  We are using the html5, so I need to go Google vs. Bing.  No big deal.  Just different vendor.  If I can trouble you for one more help.  How do I get a Google maps API Key.  I am new to this (both C4C and API's).  You will not insult me by talking to me like this is my first time (since it is). 

I have googled "Google maps api cloud for customer" and that does not turn up results I can use. I searched in the inline help on the C4C application, but don't get any practical help.  One of the links refer me to Case document 2008322, but when I search for that, I get nothing. 

Thanks all who helped.  It did stop me from buying a Bing API that would not work in HTML5.

pushkar_ranjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out the thread at for guidance in this matter.

Thank you.