cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Reasons for Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are looking into implementing reasons for release as part of our SPL process.

Has anyone configured this?  Is this a significant undertaking?  Based on what I see in the system it only a matter of configuring the procedure and the related reasons for release.  Are there risks I should look out for?

I appreciate your advice!

Alison

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alison,

We created specialized codes that help us identify the reason we release, hold or block an entity.  We assigned a number and then text which allows us to refine and filter for data analysis.   Any released orders will start with a 1, hold orders start with a 2 and blocked orders start with a 3.

If we manually blocked it then the number would be a 301.  If the system stopped it then it would be a 302 and so on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have this understood right..

Basically, this is a good option to identify the causes for blocks and escalations in the SPL workflow and tune SPL algorithm . In case you plan to use the report that helps in analysis on this particular "Reason for release" , you might want to work on some index table building (in case your SPL screening volumes are considerably high).

Rest, there isn't issues noticed in implementing /using this functionality.

I would recommend that you don't setup "reason for release" as mandatory for the end user as it gets annoying for the users at the start.

Regards,

Jasmit

0 Kudos

Hi Jasmit,

Can you Pl help me how to make text entry mandatory in Reason for release ..

Thanks