cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Web Service setting for Supplier Registration ROS to EBP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guys,

We are working on Supplier registration scenario where potential supplier are accepted in ROS client and then transferred to EBP via Suppliers Directory.

For this we have defined External Web Service in both clients ROS and EBP

Can anyone tell me what are the Parameters and setting required to define External Web Service?

We have created New Web Service with following parameters in both the clients ROS and EBP.

Web Service ID : ROS

Description : Suppliers Directory in ROS Client

Bus. Type of Web Service : Lost of Vendors

Display Partners Data Again in Vendor List : X

Vendor Root Node : 50000620

Use Error Log : X

Use HTTP GET to call Web Service : <blank>

Codepage of Service : <blank>

Technical Type of Service : <blank>

Logical system : SRDCLNT300 (EBP Logical system)

Path for Symbol for Service : <blank>

Define Standard Call Structure with following Parameters

1 <blank> http://erpdevsrci.egat.co.th:8010/sap/bc/bsp/sap/ros_prescreen/main.do

URL

2 HOOK_URL <blank> Return URL

Please correct us.

With this setting system does display the Suppliers Directory option in Supplier Screening (Suppliers Directory in ROS Client), however after selecting suppliers directory instead of listing the accepted supplier to transfer to EBP, system displays the same suppliers Prescreen again with no option to transfer accepted supplier to EBP client.

I think I have not set the External Web services setting properly ..

So can anyone send me the correct web service parameter setting?

Regards,

Sandeep parab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have defined the SUPPLIER DIRECTORY structure correctly in EBP client.(you just need to do the settings for External Web Service in the EBP client not reqd ROS client).

Also refer the post by dinesh in which i have given the sample values to b defined for the Supplier directory under <b>External Web Service</b> (Sorry , I dont have access to system currently).

Also in EBP client,you need to define the ROS client under the MENU-->SCREEN SUPPLIERS for the Startegic purchaser roles in PFCG.

(In PFCG,for STARTEGIC PURHCASER ROLES,under the MENU tab,go to SCREEN SUPPLIERS node.Goto change mode and add the ROS client there).

Also in ROS client, you need to create an anonymous user of type SERVICE with the roles SAP_EC_BBP_CREATEUSER and SAP_EC_BBP_CREATEVENDOR and then in EBP client in trasn SICF,assign this user in the LOGON DATA tab of ROS services(ROS_PRESCREEN,ROS_SELF_REG).

Also see the screenshot which i have sent you.(In SCREEN SUPPLIER trascn in EBP client,after clicking on the Supplier directory link,you see the SCREEN SUPPLIER trascn of the ROS client with the TRANSFER button)

HTH.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Response to your recommendation..

<i>You have defined the SUPPLIER DIRECTORY structure correctly in EBP client.(you just need to do the settings for External Web Service in the EBP client not reqd ROS client).</i> --- when i login EBP client and go to screen supplier menu the supplier directory option that is visiable is the one defined in ROS External Web Services and not form EBP client. If I do not define External web services in ROS client then Suppliers Directory option itself is not visisble. This is strange...

<i>Also refer the post by dinesh in which i have given the sample values to b defined for the Supplier directory under External Web Service (Sorry , I dont have access to system currently).</i> - I dont have that mail.. as its with dinesh.. but i know the settings.

<i>Also in EBP client,you need to define the ROS client under the MENU-->SCREEN SUPPLIERS for the Startegic purchaser roles in PFCG.

(In PFCG,for STARTEGIC PURHCASER ROLES,under the MENU tab,go to SCREEN SUPPLIERS node.Goto change mode and add the ROS client there).</i> - Yes I have maintained this setting in EBP client.

<i>Also in ROS client, you need to create an anonymous user of type SERVICE with the roles SAP_EC_BBP_CREATEUSER and SAP_EC_BBP_CREATEVENDOR and then in EBP client in trasn SICF,assign this user in the LOGON DATA tab of ROS services(ROS_PRESCREEN,ROS_SELF_REG).</i> - This is alo done..

<i>Also see the screenshot which i have sent you.(In SCREEN SUPPLIER trascn in EBP client,after clicking on the Supplier directory link,you see the SCREEN SUPPLIER trascn of the ROS client with the TRANSFER button)</i> - This is what is expected.

Let me try once again ..

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>when i login EBP client and go to screen supplier menu the supplier directory option that is visiable is the one defined in ROS External Web Services and not form EBP client. If I do not define External web services in ROS client then Suppliers Directory option itself is not visisble. This is strange...</b>

-->The Supplier Directory link which you are able to see in EBP client when you go to trascn SCREEN SUPPLIERS is due to the settings in <b>External web services</b> under SPRO in your EBP client and not ROS client.

So if you dont maintain the External web services settings in the ROS client you should still see the supplier directory link in EBP client.

So you just need to maintain these settings in your EBP client(I have tested the above in my system and is working fine)

Also check whether you have maintained the Correct RFC user in External web services settings in EBP client.Check the client.

Also check the ROS client maintained under the logon data tab for the ROS services in SICF(in EBP client) .

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha,

I tried all the setting that you have recommended, but still im not able to get the suppliers directory option in Screen Supplier with External Web Service configuration only in EBP client.

I have also set the CAT attribute as the external web service ID. but still no progress.

If possible just send me snap shot of external web service setting in EBP client.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check whether the Supplier directory is defined under SPRO>Supplier Relationship Management>SRM Server>Technical Basic Settings>Define Backend Systems. in EBP and ROS client.

Also i have sent you the screenshots.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My External Web Configuration setting is similar to yours.

What do you mean by defining suppliers directory under Backend system?

I have defined ROS client as backend to EBP and EBP as backend to ROS client.

Is there any thing apart from this we need to define?

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to define an entry for the Supplier directory of type "SUPPL_DIR" under "DEFINE BACKEND SYSTEMS" in both ROS and EBP clients.

Please check all the settings in both the clients again.

BR,

Disha.

P.S. Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha,

Once more thing if we go through Config document for Sourcing release 5, it says we need to define External Web Service in both the systems SRM as well as EBP..

Check for two topics

Supplier Screening as supplier directory in SRM Server - Page 44

Include the (external) supplier directory in Supplier Screening - Page 45

Let me know your comments.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha,

Corrected our backend setting, but still no progress..

If i define external web service only in EBP client then I am not able to see the suppliers directory option in Screen supplier.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha/Ramki,

Now as mentioned by Ramki in previous thread raised by Diensh, we are able to perform following actions in EBP client

1. In Screen Supplier we are able to accept the supplier available in ROS client.

2. In Manage Business Partner option I get option "Business Partner from List" where i select the external web service defined in EBP client. and select "Vendor" or "bidder" and press button "choose".

I get the list of accepted suppliers from Self Registration client with "Transfer" Button.

However when I select Business Partner and Press "Transfer" button, system issues error message "Partner data not transferred from Catalog. Inform system Admin"

Any Idea what could be the reason.

I guess this is the way Ramki recommended to transfer supplier from ROS to SRM.

Regards,

Sandeep Parab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramki/disha,

I have defined following setting in external web services in EBP client

Web Service ID : ROS

Description: External Web Service in EBP

Bus Type of a Web service : List of Vendors

Display Partner Data again in Vendor List : X

Vendor Root Node : 50000620 (this is Vensor Root node in EBP client)

Use Error Log : X

Use HTTP GET to call Web Service : <blank>

Codepage of Service: <blank>

Techinical type of Service : <Blank>

Logical system : SRDCLNT310 (this is ROs client from there supplier will be transfered)

Path for symbol for service : <blank>

Standard Call Structure Parameter setting as follows

1. <blank> http://....ros_prescreen/main.do URL

2. sap-client 310 fixed_value

3. sap-username dineshp fixed_value

4. sap-password GAJANAN fixed_value

5. HOOK_URL <blank> Return_URL

6. ~OkCode ADDI fixed_value

7. ~target top fixedvalue

8. ~caller CTLG fixed_value

Also defined ROS external web service as default CAT attribute in the organization setting.

Maintained ROS client in SAP_BBP_STAL_STRAT_PURCHASER role.

Created New Users in ROS as well as EBP and tried the scenario. still it failed to transfer the supplier from Ros to EBP.

Where can we debug the error message?

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Thanks for all your inputs, now we are able to transfer supplier successfully from ROS to EBP via Manage Business Partner.

The only configuration missing was BBP_MARKETP_INFO table entry in EBP client. Rest every thing mentioned in my previous reply remains same.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

I see that is was long time ago, but maybe you can help me how to set the BBP_MARKETP_INFO table?

Best Regards

Eyal Weinreb

HP

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in sm30,

(1)define the Vendor root,

(2)\ root of the Purchasing Organization

and

(3) Currency in the table BBP_MARKETP_INFO in the

SRM system (EBP).