cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customizing sapcpe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have HA systems with ASCS, DVEBMGS00, and SCS directory structures. All three instances are using sapcpe to copy the files listed in the sapcpeft file to their respective exe directories, so we are storing the same files in three different places.

Has anyone tried to limit the amount of required disk space by either copying different subsets of sapcpeft to the different exe directories?

There are additional file lists being copied to the three exe directories. Are there any files in sapcpeft that are only required for one of three instances?

I've looked through SCN and google without finding any hits.

Thanks and best regards,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

They changed the way the system runs now. Previously systems used to run using the kernel from the /sapmnt<SID>/exe location (DIR_CT_RUN). Now every component in an instance has a separate exe location (DIR_EXECUTABLE) and they run from that location. If you check the existence of the msg_server file, it should be present only at the /usr/sap/<SID>/ASCS<NN>/exe location. I wouldn't bother much with the space consumed by these files. I believe only the ones that are required by the system will be copied by the sapcpe program. If there are unwanted files in the DIR_EXECUTABLE location I would stop the instance and delete all the files under the DIR_EXECUTABLE location and trigger sapcpe program against the instance profile to have them synchronised.

RB