cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling replication of a particular Extended Attribute?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

do you know the way how to enable/disable replication of a particular Extended Attribute?

For a generic (not Extended) Attribute, like e.g. Code, it works with:

repl_object.SourceReplication.SetAttributeReplicated "Code", FALSE, FALSE

But how to do that for an Extended Attribute? The following obviously does not work:

repl_object.SourceReplication.SetAttributeReplicated "Ext_Attr_Name", FALSE, FALSE

The syntax repl_object.GetExtendedAttribute will either not work since it returns the value of the Extended Attribute, not this Extended Attribute itself...

Thanks in advance for any hint!

Best regards,

Jacek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today, extended attributes are treated as a single collection for replication purposes, you either replicate them all, or replicate none of them.  This has been requested, and please feel free to submit an enhancement request asking for this functionality, the more customers that request, the more important the enhancement request becomes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks David!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jacek,

We also discovered this a while back. We wrote an extension to compensate for it. I would be happy to share it with you if you can get me some contact details.

Regards

Bruce

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

I set my email address visible for everyone in my profile.

Thanks in advance for any hint!

Best regards,

Jacek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacek - I am just accessing SCN after a bit of an absence - not sure if I responded to this back when you asked. In any case, I sent along the extensions to the email on your profile. Let me know if it is helpful. Thanks

Bruce