Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BW DataSource for Cash Management on SAP Simple Finance

Hi All Experts,

In our project, we have installed SAP Simple Finance 1.0 add-on for SAP Business Suite on HANA which introduced plenty of new functionality especially on Finance Accounting and Cash Management.

The impact from Simple Finance is that, it seems existing standard data sources for Treasury - Cash Management don't work anymore, i.e. there is no transaction data. I believe it's because the change on source table inside SAP ERP.

We also already activated local BI contents on SAP ERP side (i.e. embedded BW) which allows reporting directly on top of SAP ERP Query. All data models here are VirtualProvider based on function modules. And data is there!

However, due to some limitation, we are not authorized to modify or customize those BW objects on SAP ERP. And meanwhile, we have got a requirement to extract Cash Management data from SAP ERP to dedicated SAP BW system (not direct reporting on SAP ERP). We encountered a problem that we cannot use the existing BI contents; and also cannot generate export data source from VirtualProvider in ERP to be used a source towards BW.

Is there any workaround or resolution to extract data from SAP ERP (Simple Finance installed) to SAP BW? Any suggest is appreciated. Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question