cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Services display and approval in MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm implementing Travel Request and Travel Expenses, but without Travel Planning.

We have 2 requirements when an employee submits a Travel Request.

(1) Supervisor needs to see the Travel Services required before he can approve the Travel Request

(2) Upon Approval the Travel Services required needs to be emailed to the Secretary to manually book required travel services.

In creating a Travel Request, the employee is able to use standard functionality to specify required travel services (e.g flight).

Please see attached screenshot

Create Travel Request with travel Services.png

However in the MSS, the supervisor is not able to view anything beyond the trip details when viewing the Task in UWL.

Please see attached screenshots of MSS view of open task item.

MSS - Open Task Item 1.png

MSS - Open Task Item 1.png

Is there a standard method of allowiing the supervisor to view Travel Services before doing the approval, as keyed in by the employee?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

you wrote you are using UWL, but in your screenshots it looks like you are using the business work place instead. In any case: The Service Requests are part of the planning module FI-TV-PL and are stored in transparent tables, not in PCL1-TE. I.e. they are not part of the output of the Frameprogram feeding PR05 etc. However, the planning tables are considered inside the output for the Trip Forms (both ABAP List and ADS PDF). I.e. you should be able to see the information when you click on "simulate" (in your Screenshot "MSS - Open Task Item 2.png").

EDIT: Concerning your email to the secretary, in my opinion you need to create a custom task yourself in the workflow. There is a standard task TS20000095 that is used in the standard workflow WS20000050 which sends the task description as email, but that will turn out very inelegant when bloating it with the service requests. In my opinion, create a custom task, programatically poll the service requests either from the workflow container or from the database and send an html mail to your secretary (that's the way we do it in our company).

Cheers, Lukas

Message was edited by: Lukas Weigelt