cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access/display BW Document in BEx Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a request to create a BEx query to access BW documents.  These BW documents are created in documents manager via WEB planning screens.  I can see in Analyzer where we have queries created to do this but I am unable to get any of these to work.   I have tried searching SAP Help and SCN and see no direction on how to do this.  I am not sure if I am stating this request correctly.   We are on BW/Analyzer 7.3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roseanne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roseanne,

Is the planning query built on aggregation level which you are running for which document is not available.

If yes, can you please check below SAP note.

1738211 - ODOC: Comments not saved if you use an aggregation level

Regards,

Amit

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roseanne,

I am not sure that I understood what you need.

What kind of document have you created - documents to key figures? to master data?

Whichever it is, you need to enable them to show for each query.

Got to the query properties - tab "display" in query designer and mark the documents to be shown under "document links"

in the reports you will see small document symbols and when you click on them, you can see and change the documents.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Cornelia.

These are inforpovider documents and created in BPS planning screens in BW.  I can view  the documents in BW through documents manager and smart forms.  The user is requesting to view the documents via BEx query.    I have the correct display checked in the query and can see the document icon.  When I Go To >Documents, it goes to the portal and tells me no documents are available.  I am able to create new documents this way and access these new documents but not the existing BW documents.  It appears this option is if the documents are on the portal but what about accessing directly in BW documents?  Please let me know if I am being clear. Again, thanks for responding.

Roseanne

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roseanne,

well, if the document was created in BPS, I doubt that it can be shown in a query. I think the kind of document and the data it is connected to is different, but I am not sure about this.

This might be mor a question for portal or knowledge management, so maybe it´s better to find a forum for these topics here in SCN.

also have a look here

http://scn.sap.com/community/data-warehousing/business-planning

that´s where questions for BPS are asked. maybe you can find something about BPS-Dosuments.

Sorry, but it´s not my favourite topic 😉

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Cornelia.  I will try the BPS forum.

I agree, not my favorite topic either!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need similar thing. Did you get anywhere finally on this?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I have not.  I am able to create/access documents from a BEx query using the portal but unable to access BI documents directly.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roseanne