cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three UI Elements In One Table Column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, i have question it is possible to create more than one ui elements in one table column (let say there is two button and one dropdownlist) ? I have background in .NET and i have see this one, it is possible in Webdynpro ? Thank you.

Display :

Column A

Column B

Text A

[Button B1] [Button B2] [DropDown B]

Best Regards,

Satria B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satria,

ASFAIK in webdynpro, you can bind only one ui element in a table as a TableCellEditor at a time. So, I don't think it is possible.

Abhinav

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for all your help but i can't using NWDS 7 because ESS in here still using NW2004 (portal has using NW2004s but the application that i create now will integrated with ESS)

Regards,

Satria B

Former Member
0 Kudos

I asked to basis person and they said we using NW2004s and right now i'm using NWDS ver 2.0.16 but i can't find tablecolumngroups ui element, can anyone help me ? Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satria,

NWDS version 2.0.16 is NWDS 04 and not 04s. NWDS 04s have the version number starting from 7.

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

satria,

Your IDE is in fact NW04, just update your IDE to 7.0.x version from same distribution of NW04s

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satria,

U cannot add more than one UI element in one table as a table cell editor.

The moment u add a table cell editor to a column the next time U right click on the column option will be disabled for adding the table cell editor.

Do reward points if it helps.

Regards

Roshni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satria,

do you use NW2004 or NW2004s?

In NW2004s, you can use TableColumnGroups, as already mentioned. But to have more than one TableCellEditor in one column, is not possible. And you only can use those UI elements as TableCellEditors which you get displayed when you follow the wizard to insert them.

kind regards

Stefanie

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satria,

Try to create a Transparant Container UI element and create Buttons inside this container.

Regards,

Ramganesan K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not insert more than one UI element in a column. You can insert only one UI element per column.

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is not possible then one ui element is created in one table column (so there is 3 table column in this case) so i think if there is possibility to merge this three column into one column so it seems like one column. Can I do this ? Thank you.

Regards,

Satria

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satria,

From http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b8/f87842fdb70f53e10000000a155106/frameset.htm:

<i>

Columns

A table – which is an element of the IWDTable – consists of grouped table columns which can be of the type IWDTableColumn or IWDTableColumnGroup. Each group can contain additional groups and columns. <b>You can use the TableColumnGroup to group columns under a common header.<b> You can use the fixedPosition property to fix a column at the left or right side and thereby take out the column of the scroll area.

</i>

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satria,

Whatever Maksim said is right, however, IWDTableColumnGroup is avalable in NW2004s edition and not in NW04. If you are using NW04, then you can solve the problem.

Abhinav