cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP adapter question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to access a webservice on the internet. I was given a WSDL file, which I was able to use in the IR.

Now, in ID, I am trying to configure the communication channel for the SOAP adapter. I am having problems entering all the required parameters.

Can someone give me a quick lesson on what I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For SOAP sender communication channel, there are mainly 3 parameters:

1. Target URL: in the WSDL file, this can be gotten from the value of the attribute "location" for the element "address". Just do a search for "location", you should be able to find it.

2. SOAP Action: in the WSDL file, this can be gotten from the value of the attribute "soapAction" for the element "operation". Do a search on "soapAction". Beware, there might be more than 1, you must select the right one for what you want to do.

3. Authentication: check the appropriate boxes: Configure User Authentication, Configure Proxy, Configure Proxy User Authentication. These parameters might be required to get outside to the internet from behind your company's firewall, and to get access to the server hosting the webservice.

Regards,

Bill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christpher,

Find this link to configure the sopa receiver communication channel and thus send data from the Integration server to the webservice thus making use of the webservice.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

regards,

Rahul.