cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having issues with attaching reports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the last few weeks, whenever I try to attach a Crystal Report to forum posts, it appears to attach okay, but when I hit "submit" I get this error message in red:  "The Content Type of this Attachment is Not Allowed"

• I changed the file extension (not just the name of the file) from .rpt to .txt  - (I am an IT tech, so I am knowledgeable how to do this correctly)
  • I have tried with different reports in case there was some issue with a specific report - still no luck
  • Previously, I have been able to attach reports in .txt format with no problems

Just wondering if there is a bug...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl,

I can attach them just fine - I tried this today.

Please repost to the space.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just tried again with a brand new test report saved as .txt   - still not working. 

I will repost in SCN Support.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reposted this to the SCN support link you gave me, but it was rejected because it was the wrong place.

I initially emailed SAP support and they told me to contact Ludek Uher.

He emailed me and suggested I post on the CR forum.  Then I finally posted this on the SCN support forum and it was rejected.

Not sure what else to try...

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not too sure why they rejected your post. Your issue is within the SCN interface and not a 'report design' issue!

Anyway, try the usual temp cleaning, cache cleaning, browser temp etc and see if it helps.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Testing again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is working now...

I uncovered an issue on our side.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be great for the community if you could share the solution.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure!

Earlier in the week, I had already deleted all cookies, etc. out of Internet Explorer - including temporary internet files.

However, when I navigated to my temporary internet files folder on the system, it still showed several files.  I had a co-worker in my IT department do the same - and he had the same issue.  When trying to delete them manually, they were "grayed out" and would not allow us to delete them.

(Strange issue as we are administrators and there was no policy change or settings change that should have caused this...)

So, I ended up doing a browser reset in Internet Explorer (Internet Options, Advanced tab), rebooted, then finally the temp files were gone.

I tried posting the report to the forum again, and it worked!

Hope this may help others with a similar issue.

Answers (0)