cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerDesigner 15 - Generated XML schema - XML model - How to generate “interfaces” objects ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi :),

I'm trying to generate XSD files from a MOO file, but I don't obtain the complex types ("xs:complexType" in XSD files).

So I've generated a XML model (MSX) from the MOO file (by selecting Tools→Generate XML Model (Ctrl+Shift+M) to open the XML Model Generation Options Window), and then it's OK to obtain the complex types, but I don't obtain the "interfaces" objects.

Is there someone who could help me to generate theses "interfaces" objects, please ?

Regards, Cyrille

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cyrille

What would you expect to see in an XML model that represents an interface? I don't know of an equivalent to 'interface' in XML Schema standards, so they'll be ignored by the model generation.

If you want to have (say) XML Elements created from interfaces, you'll have to generate them yourself, and there are a couple of ways you could do this.

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way, the help guide suggests attaching an extension called "OOM XML Generation" to your OOM, which may help you achieve your objectives.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK thanks, I've just found it here, actually (doc v16) : http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc38086.1650/doc/pdf/object_oriented_m...

But I am a beginner and I work with a v15, french version; so it's not very easy to me.

Answers (0)