cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements model: Export as Word Document

0 Kudos

Using PD 15.3 on Windows 7 with Word 2010.

I just started dabbling with requirements models.  When I go to Tools->Export as Word Document, nothing happens. Then, when I go back to the Tools menu, the "Export as Word Document" option has completely disappeared from the menu.  If I exit PD and restart, the menu item comes back, but then disappears when I try to use it again.

I checked the Help and followed all of the instructions, ensuring that the MS Word Import Add-In is checked.

Any ideas as to what is causing this behavior?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like the module that connects Word to PowerDesigner is crashing.  This is a combination of a plug-in to Word, and code on PowerDesigner client to work with that plug-in.  It is built as an add-on - so it can crash and PowerDesigner just keeps running, with the menu missing or disabled.

I remember this early version of the "Export to Word" feature having some issues with certain versions of Office.  This isn't a supported version anymore, so I recommend testing again with the latest release (evaluation version of 16.5 is on the SAP website).

You can also apply patches to the V15.3 you have, to see if there's a fix for your issue in a later build.  I cannot confirm myself that this is a known issue, fixed in a specific release, but if my memory serves me well, I do remember this exact symptom happening in the V15 series, and we did fix it.