Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Preview of Dropdown Applets is not working in MII

former_member186805
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have upgraded my machine to java v7 

After that I am facing issue in printing  Work Request forms which have 2 iBROWSER DROPDOWNS .

When I take print out or print preview of the Form , those 2 iBrowser fields do not appear .

Its difficult to handle now , can you please suggest how to fix it ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ayush,

If all other applets on the page are loading without any issues, it's not a problem with jre version.

If it's only a problem with printing, then rest assured, that's how applets behave.

If the applet is getting cut between page breaks it would not print anything on that applet, that's why for printing purposes it is advised to use servlets not applets.

If you have to mandatorily use applets then put proper page breaks.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Swaroop

former_member186805
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

I hope its an issue with jre version as some of my colleagues have 1.5_22 and 1.4_17  jre versions.

And print preview is showing both iBROWSER DROPDOWNS  but not the case in my machine,

FORM has only 2 IBROWSER DROP DOWN APPLETS , rest all html 

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not able to see dropdowns on your machine,it's definitely a JRE issue. Let me know you MII version,I can suggest a JRE version tha suits it.

Regards,

Swaroop

former_member186805
Participant
0 Kudos

we are currently using 12.0

And, i guess if i continue with jre 7 , then i have to write a program to print the form.

is it ok to convert form to image and print?

or any other alternative. Kindly suggest.

Thanks

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ayush,

It's okay to convert forms into image and print, but that would be a big toll considering code change.

You can degrade to 6_17 version of jre and your applets would work.

Regards,

Swaroop

francisco_barra
Explorer
0 Kudos

I recommended you uninstall Java v7 + restart your pc and install Java v6.21. It probably fix