cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wage type is not in minus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I want my wage type (1197 in the below fig.) must be shown with minus sign as this is deduction in total salary. even, at the time of config i copied the WT from nearest one (unpaid absences), i also tried change the characteristics of wage type as deduction in the table V_T511, but no success.

kindly refer the below mentioned figure and assist me to make unpaid amount with minus sign.

regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since this is a Payroll problem, it could be useful if you were to mention for what Country.

In table view V_T511, you mentioned having tried using the "Deduction WT" checkbox, but what are it's parameters for "Indirect Valuation"?

Did you check table view V_512W_D to see if any Processing Class modifications were required?

Was the "Vacation Absence" configured as a Paid or Unpaid Absence?

Did you check the Absence's Valuation Rule?

It would be easy to add a PCR to reverse the Amount, but that should only be a "Last Resource" since doing so could cause some problems during retroactive processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

This payroll is for US country specific PY. This vacation is unpaid in nature.

As this deduction WT has been copied from the nearest one WT so In table V_T511 there was nothing related to indirect valuation parameter.

It may be possible the problem with V_512W_D, which i am trying to get.

I am enclosing the below mentioned print screen for your input.

table V_512W_D

PCR

regards,

Amit

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

I'm not familiar with US Payroll, but an "Unpaid Vacation" sounds a lot like an authorized unpaid leave.  I looked at the Model WTs for Country 10 and noticed WT M857 (Unpaid Leave) which looks promissing as a model for your requirement.  You should also look at WT /846 (Total Unpaid Absences) since your Unpaid Vacation will probably cumulate into it.

Use table view V_512W_O to compare your WT's parameters with those of WT M857.

Someone with experience on US Payroll could give you better hints.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you wanted to show amount with negative indicator you have to use operation OPIND so that it appears with Negative indicator.

I hope it helps you before doing this design your solution approach properly.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Friends,

Solved by myself.

Amit

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

For the benefit of others, please indicate how you solved your problem,

and please mark your thread as "Answered" or "Deemed Answered".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Unless until you show the solution and close the thread,  there is no use of this thread to the viewers.  However your issue is solved.  But you should give some benefit to others out of this issue.

Regards,

Aruna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aruna,

Request you to kindly be patient. I will post the solution soon.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

I will post the solution soon for benefit of others.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

As per the my requirement, i wanted to show a particular wage type with minus sign as this is deduction WT, the reason behind to show this WT in minus was as EE would be interested to see how much amount has been deducted from his salary against unpaid absence. I have written PCR for this particular issue.

Below mentioned solution had helped me for this thread.

Insert this PCR as below

Still i am looking for more options if any.

regards,

Amit

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check other components as well whether Gross,take home pay is computing properly or not.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Venkatesh,

Every other calculation is flawless.

Thnx

Answers (0)