cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP RC Codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All, I remember in SP3 there was a program that was used to display the list of RC codes and their respective description, it is not there in SP4, does anyone know where to look for them now?

THX in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A slightly convoluted approach:

1. Expand the MDM4J zip file that you can download from SAP Marketplace

2. You will see a folder called "javadoc". Go into it.

3. You will see a file called "constant-values.html". Open that.

4. Scroll down to the section with "a2i.generated.RC". That has all the RC codes and their associated numbers.

Regards,

Sayontan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

I open the file but the code i have is:

Error:

RC: 0xffaa8000

so I cannot find it in that file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm... Interesting.

You can open calculator (select "Scientific" view) on Windows and do the following:

1. Select the "Hex" radio-button to set base-16 computation.

2. Enter the value 100000000, which is actually 2^32 in base 16

3. Subtract 1 from it. This is the maximum computation possible in native 32-bit.

4. Then subtract FFAA8000 from this (since it is in Hex mode you will be able to enter the alphabets)

5. You will get 557FFF.

6. Select the "Dec" radio-button. 557FFF becomes 5603327.

7. Search for 5603327 in the document that I pointed to. You will see this line:

public static final int RC_CM_HAS_CONSTRAINTS -5603327

So you are trying to delete something that has associated records.

Hope this helps.

Sayontan.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

RC 0xffaa8000 is linked to RC_CM_INSUFFICIENTRIGHTS

RC 0xffaa8001 is linked to RC_CM_HAS_CONSTRAINTS

Both RCs are indicators that you want to perform an action in MDM but your MDM user in not allowed to. Please check the user and its assigned roles to ensure that you really have the permission for your actions. You can do this in MDM Console, navgate to the Admin Menu and there check "Users" and "Roles".

Kind regards

Michael

former_member192350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have a slave server which we synchronize with the master nightly via CLIX scripts. One night we started getting

RC 0xffaa8000 (RC_CM_INSUFFICIENTRIGHTS) errors. We get the same error using the Admin user within the Console to synchronize. We can mount, unmount, and connect to the repository fine, we just can't synchronize it. No changes have been made to the roles. We can delete & re-create the repository and it will start working again.... the error occurs on ALL copies of the slaves, as of that date.

Any ideas how we can get an insufficient rights error with the Admin ID (which has the Admin role, with full access to everything)?

Thanks,

Rich

Answers (0)