Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication not working after initial load to refresh QA system

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I've recently restored the Source system(s) (ECC and CRM) from backups of Production. To refresh our QA HANA data, I stopped replication and  deleted the tables from both the ECC & CRM Schema's. Then from the SLT system's Data Provisioning, I started replication of the tables again.

The (12) CRM tables worked fine. But during the ECC table delete the HANA space completely filled up due to backups being stored in the same location as the executables. Long story short, eventually I had to Delete then recreate the entire schema and got the (73) ECC tables provisioned (using the Data Provisioning - Start Replication" option). But now a day after, they aren't replicating.

In the SLT system, in transaction LTRC:

on the Expert Functions tab -> View unprocessed Logging Table Records,  there are Unprocessed Records on any of the tables that have changed

on the Administration tab the configuration status is "Running"

on the Table Overview tab, all of teh 73 tables have:

Logging Tables have been created

Current Action = Replication

Table category = TRANSP

LogTab created = X

Triger State = Activated

on the Expert Functions tab, I've:

Reset Status for triggers and Logging tables

Reset Load and Replication Status

Reset Replication Object Definition

Run the "Job Health Check" and found that "Although the master job is running, no active data jobs were found in the system"

Run the "Table Health Check" and found "If migration objects are not defined or are generated at this point, the replication and data load is not possible."

FYI: Stopping the replication and reload & replicating the tables doesn't work. The error "Scheduled failed for action Stop Load / Replication" occurs.

In the transaction SM51 there are a lot of "Database error 416 at CON, user is locked; try again later: lock time is 1440 minutes" error's but the SLTADMIN user in HANA is not locked.

I tried to Stop replication of one of the existing tables from data provisioning in SLT, but that failed. I tried to start the replication of one of a new table from SLT, and it is sitting in the Table Over tab in a Scheduled Current Action, but has not made it over to HANA. I tried to "Replicate" the same table from HANA with "No results".

Although I do notice that the following RS_* tables have an Error Status:

RS_LOG_FILES

RS_MESSAGES

RS_ORDER

RS_ORDER_EXT

RS_SCHEMA_MAP

Does anyone have any idea or helpful hints on how I can fix this situation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Solved.

It turned out that the ECC schema user had it's password changed in HANA. So the user was continueally locking. I made the change in the DBCON table, unlocked that user in HANA  and my problem corrected itself.

Except that the 5 RS_* tables still have an Error Status in the Data Load Management screen in HANA Provisioning. But my replication problem solved.

Answers (0)