cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPOSS RFC Fails with Local Gateway Not Running

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When trying to apply a ST-A/PI patch I found out that my SAPOSS RFC had stopped working on one of my servers.  It is failing with

Destination: SAPOSS

CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=20 thRc=247

Local gateway not running                                               

DEST =SAPOSS

HOST =10.16.0.33

SERV =sapdp01

GWHOST =/H/10.15.#.###/S/sapdp99/H/194.117.106.129/S/sapdp99/H/10.16.0.33

GWSERV =3301

1.  SAPRouttab is setup and I have validated that I can telnet to the offending server from saprouter via ports 3200 & 3300

2,  OSS1 has been validated against my other systems

3.  The RFC setup has been validated against my other systems and has as the Msg Server

/H/10.##.#.###/S/sapdp99/H/194.117.106.129/S/sapdp99/H/oss001.wdf.sap.corp

What am I missing? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Mary Jane,

which kernel release has the affected system? There were several kernel patches, which had similar symptoms for the gateway like you describe. For example this note:

1902232 - GW: Regression - local gateway down -

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary Jane,

I guess the

1. settings in OSS1 tcode needs you to put SAprouter info with IP and need to select router at SAP

2. When both these info are proper check  system data on SMP has all router mentioned for the particular system in question

3. the RFC SAPOSS has user used OSS_RFC ,the password for this user in important ,this is standard password which you can get from SAP notes

Regards,

Himanshu

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The kernel is the winner!  Strangely enough I have to exact same kernel on other systems and it worked.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Private_Member_27907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mary Jane,

try to discover any network issues with nipping tool. It is very useful. There are a lot of blogs with examples.

Also, check if you need to patch your kernel. Maybe ST-A/PI patch have more requisites than you thought.

Regards