cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM ITEM - PS PROJECT - ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on SAP PPM 6.0. When we save the item with the 'create project' flag on, the item is saved but we get the following error:

Fiel symbol has not been assigned yet.

We've gone through all the customizing, and we are nearly sure it has nothing to do with basic customizing, such as 'Define Portfolio Item Types', 'Map Item Type to Project or PS' or 'Define Object Field Icons'.

Any idea where we should start looking...?? Any SAP note, or customizing step we may have missed??

Thanks!!!

Regards,

Anna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My guess is IMG node 'Define Portfolio Item Alerts'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

First of all thanks for your quick reply.

Currently, we have two systems in which we have implemented SAP PPM, on one of them, the integration is working correctly, but we get the error Fiel symbol has not been assigned yet on the other one.

Basic customizing is the same in both systems... I've checked the node you mentioned and both have the same records.

We are guessing it has to do something with System Configuration. But we'd like to guide them with where they should be checking for the problem. Any idea??

Thanks!!

Regards,

Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure what could be the issue.

However when I searched OSS with description "Field symbol has not been assigned yet" under PPM*, I got 11 notes. Most of them are too technical. You may want to look and analyse.

Sorry, I couldn't be of much help.

Regards,

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked DFM configuration, mainly attribute synchronization? if not yet then easiest option would be to check and compare configuration in both system.

Please update us.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Thanks!!

I finally sent some of the configuration nodes to our IT people!! Hope we get to solve it.

I'll let you know if it had something to do with DFM configuration.

Regards,

Anna