cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM issue with XSS components during maintenance on NDWI controlled landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is our first time using SUM/MOpz for a release upgrade procedure as the last JSPM update disabled the launch program.

During our test upgrade of our Enterprise Portal HUB landscape (source NW 7.02 -> target NW 7.4) with EHP5 for ERP 6.0 - XSS Self Services for backend ERP system installed. I've encountered an issue with SUM in the Configuration stage - Target Release Components screen. the only 5 objects SUM cannot handle automatically are the XSS Self Services target release components:

SAPPCUI_GP         633

SAP_ESS               633

SAP_ESS_LGP     633

SAP_MSS               630

UTXSSLGP             633

The only option I have is to scan inbox to rebuild the component list. I'm assuming, since these components are being modified by us and delivered/deployed thru NWDI track, their source location on the system is now the track name instead of the SAP delivered MAIN_ERP53VAL_C. Which means that SUM is expecting updated modified SCAs from NWDI for new 633 versions in the download directory before proceeding to next phase. However, in NWDI landscape configurator for this track, I have checked the option to mark system in NWDI control and verified SUM recognizes the system as NWDI controlled.

I'm struggling to understand the where the disconnect is between SUM and NWDI for theses components as I thought that SUM is supposed to ignore the DEV NWDI developed and wait for updates modified SCAs only in QA and PROD. Does anyone else have experience with this process to help me?

Regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

We are facing the same issue although we can see in the process Overview of SUM that the system is not ticked as under NWDI Control.

But we are facing problem only for SAP ESS and SAP MSS not other components. Other three components are coming up fine and ready for deployment. This is due to the issue that only these components are identified in the BUILD COMPONENT LIST UPGRADE step as modified.

Detailed checking of the logs led us to errors identical to the KBA 2034886 - Error: Dialog eliminator ConfirmComponentsDialogEliminator does not allow to omit dialog C...

The system should get picked as under NWDI control and following all steps of the upgrade for NWDI driven system landscapes

Thanks and Regards,

Karan Shah

Message was edited by: Karan Shah