Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

WAD - Drop down list does not provide values for hierarchy nodes

I experience an issue when trying to filter Hierarchy Nodes in a Dropdown Box in a Web Report.

I have defined a hierarchy for Organizational Units (0ORGUNIT):

This Hierarchy is also used in all Queries used in the Web Report.

In WAD i set a Dropdown Item for this characteristic:

When starting the web Report, i am able to select the Hierarchy Node "254 - KC" but all i get is an error message:

When executing the same query in BEx Analyzer, the query delivers the correct values of the hierarchy node "254 - KC" in the filter:

I hope someone can help me to implement the Dropdown Item correctly, so that Hierarchy nodes work. Using the Hierarchil Filter Selection works, but ist just not as a userfriendly and therefor not really an Option for us.

Thanks for your help,

Hi Florian,

If you are on some version over than BI 7.0, in WAD dropdown item does not show the hierarchy.

yu need to add hierarchical_filter_item instead. Even though you have 0orgunit hierarchy active in your query, when you use it in WAD with a dropdown box, it behaves as if the hierarchy is not active. So when you select the node, only related data on that node is displayed. In your case, I think you have no data for the node selected, but have data for the undernodes. Try using a hierarchical_filter_item.

Hope it gives an idea

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question