Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom theme not working in Web dynpro

PallaviU
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There are many threads on this post but I couldnt find the exact solution for my problem.So I am posting this thread.

I have the following issue with Web dynpro ABAP.I have downloaded a standard Theme(SAP_Tradeshow_plus) and made some basic changes(changing button color and height ) to the CSS file and created a custom theme.The path of my custom theme in MIME repository where i have uploaded is  /SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/Custom Theme.

I have tried to apply the custom theme to the web dynpro application.I have used  sap-cssurl and there is no change in the output.I have used WDTHEMEROOT when i used for standard theme (SAP_CORBU) it worked but when i gave custom theme it didnt worked and then i gave entire path  (SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/Custom Theme) to WDTHEMEROOT i can see white background and even button is replaced with hyperlink.

I dont want to use WD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS as this custom theme is specific to a single Application.

Does any one have any suggestion.Please help me out.

Thanks In Advance.

Pallavi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PallaviU
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The Enhancement pack  we are using is 7.3.1 in which Custom theme for Web Dynpro is not supported.It is supported from 7.4 release. Please find the link for SAP Netweaver 7.4 release notes.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/7d/1bb2b262f9400a99e17296eb9bd81f/content.htm.

Thanks

Pallavi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

In WDTHEMEROOT you should only enter the name of the custom theme. This is only possible when the theme is placed in the right location (/sap/public/bc/ur/nw5/themes/custom/...).

Best regards,

Gabor

PallaviU
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

Thanks for your inputs.I have tried the way you suggested but cannot see any change in the output.To upload the custom theme I traversed to the path you suggested and on right click i have used import mime objects.Is this the right way to upload? When I again download it the changes I made to CSS files are reflected. Can you suggest me where I am going wrong?

Thanks

Pallavi

PallaviU
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

In the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3468667 I got the information from

Samuli Kaski  that  “You will have to install the SAP NetWeaver UI Add-On 1.0 and use the UI Theme Designer to create a custom theme that can be used with Web Dynpro ABAP applications. " Are those really required? I am not using any of those. I have used Dreamweaver to edit the theme.

Kindly Suggest.

Thanks

Pallavi

PallaviU
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3481859 I got the information from Naveen Manda  that the theme can be uploaded to the path (/SAP/BC/WebDynpro/SAP/Application Name/MIMEs/custom theme) using program BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS. When I try to implement it I got a few messages and errors continuously and was not able to upload the theme.I have goggled the errors but didn't found the solutions. Please find the errors below and attached screen shots in the order of occurrence.

1) " Compulsory paramter missing or initial" --- Information Message

2) " This syntax cannot be used for an object name" ---- Error in Object editing.

3) " Object can only be created in SAP package" ---- Object Editing: Initial Screen

Can any one please respond on this.Its a high priority object for me.Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance

Pallavi

PallaviU
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Awaiting for your replies.Its a bit urgent.Can any once respond on this please?

Thanks

Pallavi