cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Excel & SAP Web Services talk?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some documentation/tutorials or any infomation regarding how to make Excel communicate with an SAP Web Service for an SAP Function module. I am completely new to this, and have not been able to find any adequate information detailing how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

see my contributions in .

It contains an explanation and code samples both for MS Word and Excel.

Good luck,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

That thread was very helpful, but I have run into a problem.

I followed your second example with connecting to a web service for an ABAP FM. When I get to the point where I enter the Webservice URL in the Microsoft Office 2003 Webservices Toolkit/Web Service References.. in the VB editor and press the Search button it does not find my Webservice that was created over the FM. The FM is RFC enabled. Any ideas as to what would cause Excel to not see the Webservice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gary,

hard to tell from a distance without any clue what it says.

does it find any other webservice, e.g. this one

http://www.webservicex.net/WS/WSDetails.aspx?CATID=2&WSID=9

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it doesn't even see that one! Hrmm...I wonder what would cause that. Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nevermind, it does work with the web service you posted.

I don't know why it doesn't work with mine. I am using SAP Netweaver 2004s. I also made sure that the username/password is included in the URL as shown in your example. I am able to connect to the Web Service's homepage in IE and run a sucessful test of the FM it connects too. I have the Toolkit installe in office 2003. Is there anything I have to do to ensure the service is exposed to the world?

Thanks again for your help

Message was edited by:

Gary Martins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured it out:

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor