Analysis 1.4 SP11 with Office 64 Bit
we are currently considering to migrate to Office 2010 64 Bit (Win7 64 Bit).
What about Analysis 1.4 - Is it running stable with Office 2010 - 64 Bit or are there any known restrictions to be considered?
Thanks for your help!
Derek Fox replied
We are currently using the following software combinations:
- Windows 7 64-bit + Office 2013 64-bit + Analysis 1.4 64-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit + Office 2013 64-bit + Analysis 1.4 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit + Office 2013 32-bit + Analysis 1.4 32-bit (still have a few users who have to be upgraded to Office 2013 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 64-bit + Office 2013 64-bit + Analysis 1.4 64-bit
Our corporate standard has been decided on, which is Windows 8.1 64-bit and Office 2013 64-bit (we are busy upgrading the various software to comply with the corporate standard).
The requirements for Analysis 1.4 64-bit is the following (based on our experiences):
- Windows 64-bit operating system (preferably 8.1)
- Microsoft Office 2013 64-bit (Office 2010 64-bit will also work) Note: In Office 2013 switch off the start screen that displays when you open Excel - improves the performance of Excel 2013
- SAP BusinessObjects Analysis for Office 1.4 SP11 (SP11 released March 2015 which fixes a few issues with regards to Office 2013 64-bit)
- Minimum memory required on a laptop/pc: 8 Gb RAM
So far feedback from our users, is that the 64-bit version of Analysis is much more responsive and allows for very large queries.