cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink link action to open in browser from Syclo WM (Workorder Notes)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All , I want to make my notes as hyperlink in Agentry Syclo Workorder Level . ex1 : Notes has information : www.google.com if i press "www.google.com" then it should open in iPad safari browser as google.com Ex 2 : if Notes has information : gmail.com then when we press as hyperlink then it should open Gmail.com can you suggest ? how can i do this as hyperlink action in Syclo iPad screen ? Thanks  & Regards,   Kunal Varaiya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

One way to do browser logic is to use the screen field  editType = HTML Control instead of String for your Notes on your screen. Best out of the product to see as an example is the SAP Sales Manager in the Agentry editor. It has HTML control for the mapping field or screen.

Try this.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark , Thanks for replay ... just want to ask you like edit type in screen level . for more information i have attached screen shot . so my requirement is inside notes if www.google.com is there then user can press as link and open goole.com can you provide some suggestion here ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunal,

The HTML control is like building a website in HTML presented inside the Agentry screen.  You can use the same techniques that other people use where they use an update rule to use the @CONCATENATE rule of Agentry to add all the HTML tags to build a web page.  So for your Notes if you defined this as an HTML you will need to fully build the HTML page for it. You will need to master the Agentry @CONCATENATE rule and how you can add different properties or show different properties to ultimately build your notes field.

In theory you can Concatenate all your properties in this one field to display on the screen.

Here is an example of Concatenate and building an HTML functionality for the update rule against an HTML defined field. This is more complicated but if you only need to put a web page address on your typical <HTML> </HTML> then this is much simple compared to my picture below. In theory all you are doing is building the <HTML> tags and you see it in the concatenation rule below.

Picture 1 of 2:

In this picture above there are examples in Agentry on how your escape a squiggly line -> { as this squiggly line gets Agentry confuse or a back to back open + close { } squiggly line needs to be escape. /*{*/}. I can't remember the exact rule here but I think there is a doc somewhere on the escaping.

Picture 2 of 2:

Regards,

Mark Pe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark , As per your suggestion , I have done development below way . Step 1 : Change edit type as HTMl at screen field level . Step 2 : Written rule as per html syntax. when i press that hyperlink and i am getting "Navigation Denied" can you please provide some suggestion here ? for more information please find attached screen shot . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark , As per your suggestion , I have done development below way . Step 1 : Change edit type as HTMl at screen field level . Step 2 : Written rule as per html syntax. when i press that hyperlink and i am getting "Navigation Denied" can you please provide some suggestion here ? for more information please find attached screen shot . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunal,

If I am reading this picture correctly:

You are navigating to an area called "applewebdata://" <-- this is a new form that may not be supported inside the HTML control field.

I remember before when somebody was playing with the HTML Control screen field to point to "SKYPE" to get a call out with a different protocol (*skype*://), we had to request for a feature request against the Agentry HTML control field  to support Skype and eventually it was built-in and confirmed working.

I guess for this one to use this HTML Control for that actual web site, you need to file for a feature request to support that HTML protocol "applewebdata://". This new format for a web address if it really is needed by your company, you may or should create a support ticket as a feature request. But due to it is a feature request it may or may not be added right away.

Did you try a different and easier web address like http://www.google.com to see if it works or the hyperlink works first? Anything with a new web protocol may need to be a feature request as it is not a common web address and you need to write up your business case. But if you got at least the basic working: http://www.google.com (example) then you can prove that this protocol is not supported yet and it needs a feature request.

Also if this is an internal address you need to make sure your phone or iPAD has access to even open the link in the OS web browser or internal web browser.

Hope this helps.

Mark Pe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark , I have configure settings and now i can open as hyperlink . But issue is now once i open link ex : www.google.com then its opening as different link in browser and if user want to go back to Agentry application then there is no back button . can you please provide suggestion ? once i open link in browser then how can i go back to application again . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever get this to work?  Was the link opening in Safari or within the Agentry application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cristopher , It is opening in different browser not with in agentry application . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply!  How did you get this to work?  What format did you use for the URL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christopher , We have to use HTML format . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post some sample HTML?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find HTML sample . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya