cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of new billing type introduction in SD on APO-DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Our SD team is introducing a  new billing type. I would like to know any impact of the same in APO-DP, if yes, what are the pre-checks to done and precautions to be taken. (Currency used in APO is USD and SU as UOM)

TIA.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh

You are just introducing new billing type which should not impact APO-DP heavily.

I am sure with new billing type the currency type should not get also changed both in SD as well as APO-DP.

Only thing you require to check about your filters of sales orders which are flowing in APO-DP. You have to check if you have any logic or filter to select/show sales orders only with specific billing type. According to this you require to enhance those logics or filters. 

As far as I know this is new billing type will get only used for future orders will get created from that point of onward, so we will not require to do any migration of data.

Please let me know if if this information helps.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you brief me out on " You have to check if you have any logic or filter to select/show sales orders only with specific billing type. According to this you require to enhance those logics or filters."

How and where do I check this logic ?

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

TIA,

That depends upon how your current DP solution was written.  In most companies, it is common to use BW extractors to move data from ECC into the internal APO BW, and then eventually into DP.  If your company has chosen this method, then you should examine your BW and DP data flows.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Please ask your DP or BI consultant to check existing data flow for sales orders flow fro ERP-->BI-->APO BW. I am sure they should know it by heart.

Thanks

Amol

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

In this case your best friend is the BI guy!

Thanks, Marius

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

You need to check the data flow. Depending on how your built your DP solution, billing document could not even been relevant for DP.

Some companies built the sales history based on billing quantity. If that is your case, you need to ensure your new document type is included in your extractor and the data is collected in DP. Check with your BI team and also make a couple of tests.

Kind Regards,

Mariano