cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice on SAP PI..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have following doubts: 1. Are there any challenges in creating Restful webservice that can be consumed for developing mobile app on SAP PI ?? 2. Can i simply create required webservice and make it accessible through SAP PI server ?? 3. Is there any better way of doing this saying that we are not using SMP or SUP servers ?? Can anyone please suggest.. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta

1. Which version of PI are you using?

REST adapter is available in NW 7.4 SP09 and  NW 7.31 SP14 which are available in SMP

REST Adapter on Advanced Adapter Engine (New) - What's New in SAP NetWeaver 7.4 (Release Notes) - SA...

REST Adapter on Advanced Adapter Engine (New) - What's New in SAP NetWeaver 7.3 EHP1 (Release Notes)...

if you are on a lower version you can install Rest adapter provided by Advantco.

2. Maybe, not sure

3. Not using SMP/SUP servers for??

Check this :

Regards,

Xineohpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for the response. Here is the setup that we are doing: 1. Create Webservice using SAP PI utility 2. Use a Webdispatcher to make it public 3. Consume the same in code Are there any reference for IT infrastructure that I can refer for a approx. load of 30K - 40K users per day.. and data security ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps are fine. Check out the blogs for details..

Data load will depend on your network bandwidth.

Reward points if useful.

Regards,

Xineohpi

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Shweta,

1. Create Webservice using SAP PI utility

As

That is right security decision. Depending your PI version you can use the Service Registry to the webdispatcher knows the URLs.

3. Consume the same in code Are there any reference for IT infrastructure that I can refer for a approx. load of 30K - 40K users per day

I don't understand what you want to mean with this part, im sorry.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick responses... We are building a consumer app with client expectation of approx 40K to 50K users in the first few months. What would be your suggestions to handle this load on webdispatcher and SAP PI.. I purely mean hardware sizing... Thanks for your support...

Former Member
0 Kudos

its difficult to reply w/o knowing which version of PI you are using..