cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport table ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one question on transporting a table.

I need to transport with data from dev to qa system.

The problem here is , in dev the table got created in table space ts01 but this tablespace does not exists in QA system (in QA this table needs to goto tablespace ts02).

How do i transport this table?

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

may be the answer is a bit late, but otherwise it is may be the answer you've waited for (or may be not).

When you transport a table it only gets the table type (or class - field name tabart) from the source system. The mapping to a physical tablespace is done in the target system. In each system you could find the tables (taora, tadb6,...) which contains the mapping from the tabart to a tablespace.

For your problem this means, that ts02 in your QA system has to be of the same tabart as ts01 in DEV to receive your table from the transport.

For DB6 the tables are tadb6, iadb6 and tsdb6. tadb6 for the tables, iadb6 for indexes and tsdb6 contains the mapping between tables and indexes.

The same tables are available for Informix (till SAP Basis 6.40) and Oracle.

This is how SAP handles the database independence.

Best regards

Ralph Ganszky

0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

you can reorganize table on development with brspace to move it on the correct tablespace, then transport the table with data. You can perform online reorganization for tables without LONG or LONG RAW fields

brspace -f tbreorg

Best regards

Giuseppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I know there are alternatives to isolate the issues.

But what i need to know is, if there is any difference (For eg, different tablespaces") between source and target systems , how transport system handles those differences?

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether tst02 exist in dev system..Whats ur database.. oracle ?..I think from Database level we can reassign the tablespace..

regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Again,i know there are alternative solutions for this issue.

Buy my question is,how do i handle this issue with in transport request?

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

I think you can proceed with the transport. SAP will take care of tablespace itself.

We have several systems in our landscape and I have analysis for one table in all the systems and it is different table spaces in all the systems. Tablespace should not bother you.

Please award points if issue got solved.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit.

Thanks for your reply.

You have mentioned that SAP will take care of the request.Can you explain this more on how SAP will take care of this transport request?

1.tp is going to give run time error during the import process?

2.tp is going to prompt to input alternative tablespace during import?

Please explain.

Thanks

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

My suggestion is based on my observations with in my system landscape.

I checked for the tablespaces of couple of tables in my landscape.

In my developement system they were created on tablespace: PSAP<sid> while in QAS also they were present on table space PSAP<sid> but obviously both table spaces are different since <sid> of both the systems is different.

Now I checked the transport requests that were responsible for movement of table (structure/definition) from development to quality. I found that the imports happened successfully and without any errors. Also the transport or transport logs had no reference to table space That is why I think no issue should occur in you case also.

Have you faced any error or is just a precautionary measure that you are taking?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit,

Thanks for your reply.

I need to try with your recommendations in my system.

I am busy with another work.As soon as i try this method i will update this thread.

Thanks

Ram