cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody is having Complete Architecture Diagram of SAP BODS Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to understand, How SAP BODS works that is its complete architecture diagram of how is it doing validation of ATL, how queries are getting executed etc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's all in the documentation.

Or better, subscribe to a DS10 course. I cannot give 3-day lectures in this forum, I am sorry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have checked the contents of DS 10 course from the below link.

https://training.sap.com/shop/course/ds10-data-services---platform-and-transforms-classroom-010-us-e...

I am having knowledge of the topics mentioned in the above link.

Let me elaborate my query with the example, suppose (Job--> Workflow--> Dataflow) in the dataflow I am having one source table xyz and I am taking all the data from this table through query transform and passing this data into the target table abc.

Just want to know while I click on the validate all option of the designer then how it works in the background i.e. is it first going to check table exists or not, then going to check the syntax if any used in the query transform like column aliasing etc.

I need to understand the designer's background working architecture..

Thanks in advance

vnovozhilov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Designer Guide, Chapter 4.2.1 Validating jobs and job components

Reference Guide, Chapter 7.2.9 Debugging and Validation

Thank you,

Viacheslav.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Validate [all] will never check anything outside the Data Services metadata. It won't check whether your tables really exist in the database. It will only check whether your DS objects are syntactically and semantically correct.