Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating mxmc_db while installing IdM 8.0

gompa_krishna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to install IdM 8.0 on windows2012 server. As part of this, I have installed eclipse and configured the IdM8.0 plugin. I have installed run time components. I also have required JVM on the server.

Now I have installed oracle and trying to install mxmc_db. While doing so, I was asked to enter developer administrator for database. From the document, I can see a note saying - This user must either exist in the UME or be added to it before you can log on to Identity Management Developer Studio.

Does this mean, do I have to install AS Java and maintain developer user in UME before I configure Identity center after the database installation. Please clarify.

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Welcome to the IdM 8 world.

You definitely need AS Java for running IdM 8, and the users of Development Studio has to be created in UME.

See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwidmic_80/helpdata/en/2a/5e6f3041e14b0ca9958c8fdfc7fcdb/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ole K.

gompa_krishna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

Thank you for your response.

Till IdM 7.2, we used to install AS Java, if we have to deploy UI. For other components like MMC, DB, VDS, we do not require AS Java.

But in IdM 8.0, It seems to be AS Java to be installed definitely even if we have to work on developer studio. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Krishna.

Answers (0)