cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Area Subsititution was not possible to GL accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I tried to Substitute Functional Area for certain GL accounts in which there's a Diff. Functional Area assigned at GL master Level.

During substitution rule definition we can substitute to BSEG only(Entry View) but not possible at GL Level.

Therefore in entry view it looks Okey but when it is posted it ignores the Functional Area that substituted but get the original FA from GL master Data.

How the existing FA in GL master can be overwritten. Pl. help.

Thanks In Advance.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might need to implement a BADI to stop FA derivation. Please, check note 1398943 - Always

Determine BAdI functional area automatically

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asar,

I agree with Eli.

SAPNote 1398943 says about how rederive the Functional Area based on the specific business transactions.

BAdI Controlled  ‘Derive always new’ can be switched on for specific Business Transaction using 'BADI_FAREA_DRV_ALWYS'

SAPNote 0001848504 also describes the related information for the BADI to be applied.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much to Eli & Subhasish for your quick response.

I'll go through the document and try to implement it. If i find any issues I'll be sharing the update.

Kind Regards,

Azar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli & Subhasish,

Thanks for your input and which help me in resolving the issue.

Actually the issue was i have used a wrong table to substitute i mean BSEG. As we have new GL activated and determine Functional Area from COBL entry view i should have used COBL table instead of BSEG. However the notes that you had mentioned enlightened me about error in my configuraion.

Kind regards