cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using restful services to retrieve Bex Queries referenced by a BOA Workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm writing an application that uses the Restful Web Services to retrieve the Bex Queries referenced by all reports stored in the BO Launchpad. So far this works very well for WebI documents but, as far as I can see, there's no means to retrieve the same information for BO Analysis Excel workbooks.

Does anyone know how to retrieve this information in a Java routine, either through using Restful services or through some other means? As well as BO Analysis Excel workbooks, I'll also need to find the Bex Query information for Design Studio applications.

We're currently running BO 4.1 SP3

Regards

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - I don't think Analysis Office supports this - right now it only supports direct access to BEx Queries (or BW InfoProviders + HANA) and not through a Restful web service.  Feel free to add this as an idea to Idea Place at ideas.sap.com

business
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

What I actually wanted was to write a Java routine that will let me know which Bex Queries are used by a BOA report; I do not need the BOA Report itself to access Restful services.

Our requirement is a simply administrative one: to know which reports use which queries. However KB Article 1902682 makes it pretty clear that auditing BOA usage is impossible and I strongly suspect that there are no SDK functions that let you retrieve the properties of a BOA Report either.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard - I wonder if this is the best space for this question; there are SDK spaces here on SCN - paging who is one of the moderators to see he can recommend a space for this question.

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Not sure it matches with your need, but using Web Intelligence RESTful webservice, you can create a document on-the-fly having a dataprovider based on a BEX Query. Thus, you can easily fetch data or perform report operations on this piece of data.

As recommanded by Tammy, RESTful webservice seems to be a better place if this idea sounds good to you.

Best regards,

Anthony

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

business
Explorer
0 Kudos

I managed to do this but not with RESTful services. The steps were as follows:

1. Use SDK to identify BOA file in FRS.

2. Copy source file (XLSM) to a workspace so as not to touch the original.

3. Unzip the XLSM. Java and most zip tools can do this.

4. Read XML file ..\xl\customProperty2.bin. It's an XML (char set UTF_16LE) that contains the data-sources.

A similar process can be used for identifying Design Studio data-sources but in this case the source for the report is an XML.

Good luck

business
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply, Anthony, however my requirement still remains, which is to create a query that retrieves all the Bex Queries accessed by a BOA report installed on the Launchpad.

Unfortunately this does not appear to be possible in the way it is for WebI reports when using

server:port/biprws/raylight/v1/documents/" + iobjID + "/dataproviders"

Regards

Richard

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

As this question is now closed, please could you create another one?

Regards,

Anthony