cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA 2.0 Not Launching?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed PA 2.0 a few weeks ago (with the patch 01) and was able to launch the application and go into Automated/Expert mode with no issues.  Recently, when I try to launch the program from the Start Menu or the Desktop shortcut, nothing happens.  I can navigate to the .exe file and launch Expert Analytics with no issue (C:\Program Files\SAP Predictive Analytics\Desktop 2.0\Expert\Desktop\SAPPredictiveAnalysis.exe) but I can't find the similar executable for the main splash screen and Automated Analytics.  Can someone advise where I can find the .exe to bring up the main application?  I try C:\Program Files\SAP Predictive Analytics\Desktop 2.0\Automated\EXE\Clients\KJWizardJNI\KJWizardJni.exe and nothing happens.

Has this happened to anyone else?  I tried re-installing from the original install file I downloaded from service market place and it won't allow me to re-install, saying I have a newer version than the installer is already.  As I mentioned, it was working in the first week or so after installation, but abruptly stopped.  I have tried restarting several times and this system is used exclusively for this tool, so no other installations/changes have been made, except that I tried to update our license file (but it worked during/after this process).

Not sure how to submit a ticket on it, as there is no error message, etc...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michimasa
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have met with the same problem and solved it by deleting the following files.

C:\Users\<user id>\.KJWizardJNIUser.prefs

C:\Users\<user id>\.KJWizardJNI.prefs

I troubleshooted this problem as described in the attached.

I hope this info would be help for you.

Regards,

Michimasa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just had this same problem happen on a 2nd machine that was working fine (and I did not touch any of the license key files).  I tried deleting the files below and it did not fix the issue.

C:\Users\<user id>\.KJWizardJNIUser.prefs

C:\Users\<user id>\.KJWizardJNI.prefs

I looked through the attachment and looked at the logs and there are no stderr or stdout logs...the KxGUILog for the last (successful) session is here, the only error is highlighted in red below:

2015/08/07 17:02:47 INFO - User preferences file : .KJWizardJNIUser.prefs [Env]

2015/08/07 17:02:49 INFO - Locale lang_country_variant : en_US_ [Env]

2015/08/07 17:02:49 INFO - Locale lang_country_variant : English_United States_ [Env]

2015/08/07 17:02:49 ERROR - Can't find bundle for base name system, locale en_US []

2015/08/07 17:02:50 INFO - MDR disabled [MDR]

2015/08/07 17:02:53 WARNING - Cannot find JavaHelp. Advanced help features will not be available [com.kxen.KJWizard.HelpPanel]

2015/08/07 17:03:00 INFO - Try to open Excel []

2015/08/07 17:03:19 INFO - Panel=Start|Direction=forward [Navigation]

2015/08/07 17:03:19 INFO - Stack=>Start>Start [Navigation]

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hillary,

Can you please log a ticket with SAP support ? If I am not mistaken, this sounds like a different problem to the one you faced earlier on. Did the workaround suggested by Michimasa-san fixed the problem on your 1st machine?

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I logged a ticket with SAP support: 0000736224 2015

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Hillary. Let's see the next steps via the support ticket.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking at the support ticket, I can see the problem is solved after upgrading to SAP PA 2.3. Is that right? It's good news!

Thanks & regards

Antoine

PS: please be so kind to flag the question as "Answered" to ease future SCN monitoring. Appreciated!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"C:\Program Files\SAP Predictive Analytics\Desktop 2.1\Automated\EXE\Clients\KJWizardJNI\KJWizardJni.exe"

You can probably make a desktop shortcut using that command line and right click and "Run as Administrator"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hillary,

We never heard about a similar issue. We will investigate your problem.

In the meantime, is it possible to uninstall Predictive Analytics 2.0 and then reinstall it?

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just uninstalled and re-installed (successfully)--from the last re-install splash screen I got a  "launch this application now link" and clicked on it and nothing happened.  Still can't launch the KJWizardJni.exe file.

We've been going around with partner support to get a permanent license key file for the II components and I'm afraid that changing the license.cfg file might have messed it up?  I kept a backup copy and restored it after trying the new license key--could that cause the product to fail to open?  I figured it would open with all the expired/unlicensed components grayed out like it used to.

Thanks!

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hillary,

Now that PA 2.1 has been released, a possible option would be for you to upgrade to this new release and see if it does improve the situation.

My 2 cents,

Antoine Chabert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I did try fully deleting and re-installing with all new versions (SP01 and version 2.1) and the application will still not launch.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would recommend if not already done that you log a ticket with SAP Support so that we can better help you with this problem.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

former_member184912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hillary,

I suggest you try the following:

Using the Windows Command "cmd.exe".

DEL C:\Users\<your user>\.sapvi\*.*

DEL C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\SAP\Lumira\*.*

DEL C:\Users\public\sappa\*.*

Best regards, Kurt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kurt--I did try running all of these (though this one did not exist:  DEL C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\SAP\Lumira\*.*, instead I ran DEL C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\SAP\PA\*.*)

I still cannot launch KJWizardJni.exe after these deletes.

These to me look like they would only affect the Expert Analytics components and not the main splash screen?  I have no problem starting Expert Analytics from the SAPPredictiveAnalysis.exe file in C:\Program Files\SAP Predictive Analytics\Desktop 2.1\Expert\Desktop; it is only the Automated piece that won't start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I logged a ticket several weeks ago and they recommending re-installing (which I've done several times) and had no other solution.

I'm fairly sure it has to do with the license key file, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

So far the only solution has been to re-install the operating system and re-install the tool.

Ian_Henry
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hillary,

My guess would be that it is Java that is causing you this issue.

I would try removing and re-installing your Java environment.

Perhaps check once you have removed the 64-bit Java try starting PA 2.x

Just for reference on my system I have Java 8 update 45 and that works fine.

It is also sensible to check the PATH statement and see how that reflects your Java setup.

My PATH includes C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath and the contents of this shows

05/05/2015  02:00 PM<SYMLINK> java.exe [C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin\java.exe]
05/05/2015  02:00 PM<SYMLINK>javaw.exe [C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin\javaw.exe]
05/05/2015  02:00 PM<SYMLINK>javaws.exe [C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin\javaws.exe]

You can got to the Command Prompt and type "path", without the quotes.

Cheers, Ian.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hillary,

Have you been able to resolve this problem?

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I have not been able to resolve this.  I did get a working Automated Analytics license file (tested on another machine), but this machine still will not launch KJWizardJni.exe even after updating the license file.  I plan on trying to uninstall/re-install when a new version (past 2.1) is released.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hilary,

What is the operating system? Is it the same than the one having Automated Analytics working fine?

Regards,

Didier

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hillary, the new version (SAP Predictive Analytics 2.2) has now been released and can be downloaded on SAP Portal.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have Java installed on this computer at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hillary:

Sorry this is happening - it's the first I've heard of this happening. You do have the path correct (atleast as it is on my system as well). I have alerted the Dev team to this thread, so hopefully they can ask any clarifying questions to you here.

BTW - great presentation on Predictive at BI2015 last week!

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ashish--I really enjoyed your presentation as well!