cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIST UIBB ATS, ON OVS CLICK TRIGGER EVENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have got a scenario where i need to select data in the second column of the list based on the value selected on the first column of the same row.

I have two OVPs associated with two columns. How do i achieve this? . The problem is my process event method does not get called on click of Ovs help.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

correction, its OVS..not OVP

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you cannot have an event before the OVS phases start. But don't worry: I would recommend to do it like this: Just implement the OVS interface in the same class that implements if_fpm_guibb_list, i. e. the feeder class. Next step: Be sure each row selection will cause an FPM event (go to the configuration, general settings, "selection event type"). That means whenever the user selects a row, then a FPM event will be trigger. Now in the feeder class, just store the latest information about selection in some kind of member attribute. Then whenever a OVS phase starts (i. e. method IF_FPM_GUIBB_OVS~HANDLE_PHASE_0() is getting caled) you can conveniently access you member attribute to access the information about current selection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this , in the general settings i selected the Selection mode :- Single Selection and

I need to have trigger a event , when  particular cell in the table is selected.

thanks

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I see, you would like to have the information about the content of cells of the row where the OVS popup is raised? Ok, that is quite a bit a special request, but there is hope: You can try this: In OVS method IF_FPM_GUIBB_OVS~HANDLE_PHASE_0(), there is the parameter  io_ovs_callback and it has the attribute:  context_element. So e. g. there is a column with the ID NAME, then you could make a call like this:

data: ls_name type string.

io_ovs_callback->context_element->get_attribute( exporting

name  = 'NAME'

importing

value = ls_name ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ulrich.

You showed me the way, in fact used the one more method from the same place  context_element->get_index, to get the index.Which gave me the intended result.

Cheers

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

great ... I do not attend to spoil it but ... there might be a catch with that approach: Has that list uibb active personlization? I. e. in the toolbar is there a personalization popup? If so, is there sorting possible? Because if the user does sorting then suddenly the order of the rows will of course change. To be more precize: After the sorting there is a order of the data as seen on the screen (frontend) and a order of the rows as seen by the feeder class in method get_data, parameter ct_data (backend). So the backend and the frontend order will differ then. The method context_element->get_index will give you the index by the frontend order but you do not know what would be the index according to the backend order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will check this, and update you on this.

regards,

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

Can you help in this. Now i am using a free style WD search help, in my List_ats. In this case how do i can i get to know, what is the lead index or row at which the F4 is selected ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulrich_miller
Active Participant

Hi Rupesh,
it is possible to have a FPM event raised after a OVS value help popup is closed. Generally when implementing OVS value help you need to implement this interface: IF_FPM_GUIBB_OVS. In method HANDLE_PHASE_3, there is the parameter EO_FPM_EVENT. If you populate this parameter with your own FPM event object, then the result will be that FPM List ATS UIBB will raise it right after the value help popup is closed.

Look for this application configuration ID: FPM_TEST_LIST_ATS_F4_AC. There you will find an example implementation.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich ,

Thanks for the prompt reply. My requirement is the event should get trigger before the OVS is pops up, so that i capture the lead index and get to know what data is there in the first Column.

i need to know what data is there in the first column , so that i filter my second OVs based on first columns data.

thanks